This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 Zoom turning low pair into bluff.

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (): $4.34
      renzor87 (): $1.57
      Reederzzz (): $2.04
      Chipeho (): $2.65
      teemanGT (): $2.00
      MIKHIT (): $1.86
      ausenttee (): $0.89
      Fugrum (): $2.40
      Karakurt726 (): $0.52

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is with 5 :spade: 5 :heart:
      2 folds, MIKHIT calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, 2 folds, MIKHIT calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.15) 3 :heart: 2 :club: Q :diamond: (2 players)
      MIKHIT checks, Hero bets $0.10, MIKHIT calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.35) A :spade: (2 players)
      MIKHIT bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.24, MIKHIT calls $0.22

River: ($0.83) K :diamond: (2 players)
      MIKHIT checks, Hero bets $0.48, MIKHIT calls $0.48

Checking flop lets villain play perfectly against me imo and he can get value with TT JJ 99 as well as Qx. I cbet flop to get better pairs to fold and make my hand easier to play.

Turn, villain makes a minbet, maybe this is a misclick or he's making a retarded blockbet with Qx but I feel that his range should be weak on this board and so make a raise so that he folds weak Qx, is possibly obliged to call stronger Qx which I can move off on river.

River is a K, should this change my plan of moving him off his Qx? both AQ and KQ which is a likely hand I could have made fold before are now two-paired up. I still make QJ and QT fold though.

What are your thoughts guys? Maybe after raising turns I don't actually need to bluff river as my range looks strong enough he folds all Qx and is only continuing with slowplays like AQ etc.
  • 8 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DaPhunk,

Preflop: At least raise it normally if you want to isolate rather than min-raise it. :P

As played
      Postflop: Nah, I would just give it up on the river if you even pick such a line. Although myself I would just call the turn and be happy if we are even ahead. We can never be sure if he folds Qx and a lot of Ax in his calling range as well.

Best Regards.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      preflop misclick obviously. Not a minraise, minraise is 2bb. Get it straight.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      There is no huge difference, you practically min-raised cause there is also a limper you added 2 cents.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      There is no huge difference, you practically min-raised cause there is also a limper you added 2 cents.
      There is a difference between "practically" and "actually".
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      There is a difference between "practically" and "actually".

Your purpose of the 2 last post is?
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Seeing if you realise you made a mistake. We're all here to help each other after all!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Seeing if you realise you made a mistake. We're all here to help each other after all!
      What does a raise mean for you? -> normal raise is 4xBB but there is a limper. Do you raise to 4xBB or you add 1xBB per limper?

Of course min-raise button would work as 4 cents, I am aware of that myself as well. But you had a limper in the pot, where you just made a min-raise + added the limp into the pot.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Minraise + 1BB per limper helps turn a slight winner into someone crushing the limits!