[NL2-NL10] NL2 Zoom turning low pair into bluff.

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (): $4.34
      renzor87 (): $1.57
      Reederzzz (): $2.04
      Chipeho (): $2.65
      teemanGT (): $2.00
      MIKHIT (): $1.86
      ausenttee (): $0.89
      Fugrum (): $2.40
      Karakurt726 (): $0.52

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is with 5 :spade: 5 :heart:
      2 folds, MIKHIT calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, 2 folds, MIKHIT calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.15) 3 :heart: 2 :club: Q :diamond: (2 players)
      MIKHIT checks, Hero bets $0.10, MIKHIT calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.35) A :spade: (2 players)
      MIKHIT bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.24, MIKHIT calls $0.22

River: ($0.83) K :diamond: (2 players)
      MIKHIT checks, Hero bets $0.48, MIKHIT calls $0.48

Checking flop lets villain play perfectly against me imo and he can get value with TT JJ 99 as well as Qx. I cbet flop to get better pairs to fold and make my hand easier to play.

Turn, villain makes a minbet, maybe this is a misclick or he's making a retarded blockbet with Qx but I feel that his range should be weak on this board and so make a raise so that he folds weak Qx, is possibly obliged to call stronger Qx which I can move off on river.

River is a K, should this change my plan of moving him off his Qx? both AQ and KQ which is a likely hand I could have made fold before are now two-paired up. I still make QJ and QT fold though.

What are your thoughts guys? Maybe after raising turns I don't actually need to bluff river as my range looks strong enough he folds all Qx and is only continuing with slowplays like AQ etc.
  • 8 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DaPhunk,

Preflop: At least raise it normally if you want to isolate rather than min-raise it. :P

As played
      Postflop: Nah, I would just give it up on the river if you even pick such a line. Although myself I would just call the turn and be happy if we are even ahead. We can never be sure if he folds Qx and a lot of Ax in his calling range as well.

Best Regards.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      preflop misclick obviously. Not a minraise, minraise is 2bb. Get it straight.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      There is no huge difference, you practically min-raised cause there is also a limper you added 2 cents.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      There is no huge difference, you practically min-raised cause there is also a limper you added 2 cents.
      There is a difference between "practically" and "actually".
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      There is a difference between "practically" and "actually".

Your purpose of the 2 last post is?
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Seeing if you realise you made a mistake. We're all here to help each other after all!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Seeing if you realise you made a mistake. We're all here to help each other after all!
      What does a raise mean for you? -> normal raise is 4xBB but there is a limper. Do you raise to 4xBB or you add 1xBB per limper?

Of course min-raise button would work as 4 cents, I am aware of that myself as well. But you had a limper in the pot, where you just made a min-raise + added the limp into the pot.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Minraise + 1BB per limper helps turn a slight winner into someone crushing the limits!