[NL2-NL10] NL10: QQ 4bet

Bronze
      IPoker Network $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 3 players - View hand 1732410
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $11.24 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 19, 3B: 8, AF: 4.8, Hands: 69583
      BTN: $13.98 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 17, 3B: 4, AF: 1.3, Hands: 225
      SB: $10.00 - VPIP: 29, PFR: 21, 3B: 22, AF: 5.0, Hands: 24

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with Q :diamond: Q :club:
      BTN raises to $0.30, SB raises to $0.90, Hero raises to $2.30, 1 fold, SB calls $1.40

Flop: ($4.90) 3 :diamond: A :spade: 9 :club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($4.90) 9 :heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($4.90) 4 :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.45, SB folds

I do not have large experience about such spots.

Preflop: the most important question here at first probably is – to fold or to play? At the moment of play I thought that since we are 4handed and since SB has 3bet before I am somehow ahead of their ranges. I did not want to call thus inviting BU to call as well but when I 4bet I expect only better hands to continue most of the time. I could be convinced that folding is best.

Postflop: I see little value on the flop so I check behind. I still thought that my opponent could be checking and ace on the turn as well. He would probably be checking KK-JJ as well. Once he checks on the river I thought that he does not have an Ace and could be calling with JJ. KK probably would have bet on at least the river.

All in all I am not confident about my play here.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Overall seems to be fine but the only problem in such a play is that you also must expect that they are capable of calling you looser. Cause if you are against regs then their continue range preflop will be very strong only and at the best just flipping vs AK if they are loose enough. But overall nice hand!

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      1)
      you also must expect that they are capable of calling you looser.

What if the only thing we know about them is that they are regs e.i. we do not have any clue whether they are able to call/raise with worse? Is folding safer or do we assume that on this limit it should still be ok to 4bet and go broke?

2) Would you advise to fold JJ In this exact spot?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      1) What if the only thing we know about them is that they are regs e.i. we do not have any clue whether they are able to call/raise with worse? Is folding safer or do we assume that on this limit it should still be ok to 4bet and go broke?

Well, you can still flat it and play postflop. 9xBB isn't that huge raise to fold preflop.

2) Would you advise to fold JJ In this exact spot?

Not really, I wouldn't do it vs 9xBB raise, especially if the guy 3bets loose.