$25.93
      BU:
      $20.70
      SB:
      $24.66
      BB:
      $22.58

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, 8.
      Hero raises to $0.60, BU calls $0.60, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.5) J, 9, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, BU raises to $3.00,

HERO?

Villain is a aggressive TAG and a reg. He is playing 24/21/3.3 and his raise c-bet OTF is 19%

I guess 19% is quite alot and i have a good flushdraw here. He might raise here with something like QsTs,7s8s,QsTx, obv 99 and 66.

Vs that range i have 40% equity. I have no clue of how to play here. I guess the safest bet is to fold?
  • 7 replies
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Sorry double post
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hey man,

Co vs BTN he has sooooooooooooo wide range here ...
      I don't think this problem can be solved so easily, though ...

Still the problem is that our draw is very often even behind against his and when you count his made hands we're more or less screwed we can't expect him play r/f like ever..

He needs like 54% FE here, in other words we need to defend more than 46% of our CO's cbetting range in this spot to not being exploited :) I hope you see where I'm trying to lead this discussion. Your play depends on your open otCO :)

Try to spend some time with equilab :) It might help.

Generally fold seems better you're OOP your draw isn't that strong (which you're probably facing) so your eq. isn't that great ... and for every worse hands flush will be action killer so .... still as I said depends on your open ...

cya
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello RainbowPonny,

You should be asking in first place why do you CB vs a guy who likes to raise CBs? You must also have a plan vs the game, either like 3bet it and maybe even ship it or Bet/Fold it.

Cause Bet/Call doesn't really make sense vs such an opponent, you are not getting any implied odds. If you want to avoid the raise then rather Check it and reevaluate the further actions. We could pick different lines as Check/Call the flop and donk the turn or whatsoever where he wont be raising anymore most likely.

Best Regards.
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Due to his high flop raise i jammed. Since i think he might just stack with worse flushdraws and straightdraws(which are dominated by my FD). But i think it might have been a better idea to make a raise to 9 or ten and let him semibluff jam his worse flushdraws.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by RainbowPonny
      Due to his high flop raise i jammed. Since i think he might just stack with worse flushdraws and straightdraws(which are dominated by my FD). But i think it might have been a better idea to make a raise to 9 or ten and let him semibluff jam his worse flushdraws.
      With jamming you are representing the exact hand you have. :(
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      @Veriz -You would b/c sets or J9?

@Rainbow -
      I think shoving draw is ok, however, this kind of draw sucks hard ... You have much better draws in your range. Even though, I like your idea about exploiting your opponent's tendencies on flop I'd do it with a little stronger draws.

Usually it's ok to balance your range in ratio 1:1 valueraise/bluffraise- in this scenario, because your opp is raising a lot you don't have to be balanced at all and I'd shove more semibluffs here since I think he has quite a big r/f range and it's definitely ok ...

Does it make sense? Let me know ^^

Cya !
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      @Veriz -You would b/c sets or J9?

Bet/Call doesn't make sense. Why should we let him get a free card and maybe then even see Check behind on the turn with his draws? So I'd prefer to just 3bet it and get it in.