[NL2-NL10] NL25, JJ, flushdraw

• burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($27.70)
      SB ($24.85)
      BB ($25.45)
      Hero ($5.75)
      UTG+1 ($26.10)
      MP1 ($19.90)
      MP2 ($22.70)
      MP3 ($3.10)
      CO ($2.80)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J:spade: , J:club: .
      Hero raises to $1, 5 folds, Button calls $1, SB calls $0.90, 1 fold.

Flop: ($3.25) A:spade: , 6:spade: , 5:spade: (3 players)
      SB bets $1, Hero raises to $4.75 (All-In), Button folds, SB calls $3.75.

Turn: ($0) Q:club: (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($0) 6:club: (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $12.75

The basic SSStrategy says that you should try to move all-in your draws and made hands, so this is what I did, but I think it was quite a marginal situation though and therefore I'd like to get some feedback on this hand...

I think that bet from SB was quite weak(less than half of the pot) and it would give me decent pot odds to make a call with my draw, but since I play SSS and I was the preflop aggressor I didn't really consider a call as an option, specially with the button to act behind me. So, there I was with push/fold choice and I decided to push cause I think SSS is meant to be aggressive. So, what I really need to know is whether I should hold myself back from time to time or my play is correct? Because I found myself in a marginal situation even if I played only strong starting hands and I don't quite know how to react here... ...I have a draw, but only 3rd highest, I have a middle pair, but an A is possible and to make it all worse my stack at the beginning of the hand was a little bigger than usual... ...I'd need some help here and how to play similar situations, because SHC should protect you from them, but they happen and I'm not used to it, because I only play SSS and don't have much post flop experiences. So, any suggestions? Tnx!
  • 5 replies
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      nh, ship it. You're either up against an ace, or the higher spade draw, you're hardly ever up against both. So you get the required equity to push here, especially since you sometimes get some folding equity against weak donkbets like this one. NH.
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      imho this time is not very good spot to push with flush draw,I`d choose more passive way because:
      1)A is very often card that your opp can hold.K or Q would be safer card for me. Think what you can beat if you not hit your flush.
      2) you have flush draw,but not the nuts,any Ks,Qs beats you and your opp can have flush already.I wouldn`t consider that I have monster draw this time(FD+pp) ,rather strong draw and strong draw we can play passively so check/call or c/f.
      3) pot odds is not very good for you on flop -0.9:1 and I think you can`t expect good implied pot odds,because draw is so obvious.When he called your raise pot odds was better- 1.68:1.Odds on 9-11 outs is 4-3.5:1 (2-1.5:1 till river).So you can decide if it will be profitable for you to play this draw.
      Can someone more qualified on draws enlighten me? :)

P.S. did you read that new article about draw play for sss:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/1027/
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dallievas
      i
      3) pot odds is not very good for you on flop -0.9:1

P.S. did you read that new article about draw play for sss:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/1027/
      About pot odds I said they are decent because he only bet 1$ into 3,25$ pot which would give me better than 4:1 odds to call his 1$ bet and this is exactly the odds I need for a FD.

And yeah, I read the article about draw plays, but somehow I think it's more meant for freeplay situations to know when to call, but here I was the preflop aggressor and I think I shouldn't play a draw passively.

Thank you both for your replies!
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      yes,you were right if you would call that bet ,but you pushed 4.75 in 4.25 pot.
      I`m just rookie and can make mistakes calculating pot odds,but for me is not right pot odds to push on flop. :)
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      standard push