Staking Coaches and Moderator's

• Jan217
      Jan217
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fruktpuff
      I would like to remind everyone of the Staking Rules that you're all expected to have read and accepted before both applying and backing.

Members with Coach- or Moderator avatar can only be staked or stake under the following conditions:
      - They must be moderator/coach in the English community and gone through strong ID check
      Regards,
      Richard
      So coaches from other communities cant be staked here even if they've posted over 300 times? :f_eek: Seems a bit wierd... :f_confused: Can you explain that rule?

Also why should anyone be prevented from staking someone else? clearly they can still just pm the poster and arrange it privately, dont really see why you'd want to prevent it being public...
  • 9 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jan217
      I would like to remind everyone of the Staking Rules that you're all expected to have read and accepted before both applying and backing.

Members with Coach- or Moderator avatar can only be staked or stake under the following conditions:
      - They must be moderator/coach in the English community and gone through strong ID check
      Regards,
      Richard
      So coaches from other communities cant be staked here even if they've posted over 300 times? :f_eek: Seems a bit wierd... :f_confused: Can you explain that rule?

Also why should anyone be prevented from staking someone else? clearly they can still just pm the poster and arrange it privately, dont really see why you'd want to prevent it being public...
      Because that's how it was decided when the rules were made.

I wasn't personally part of the decision making in the process, but it was considered best and I believe it makes sense.

When the coaches/moderators are hired by the English Business Unit they are accepting to be part of said business unit and that's why it makes sense that the responsible people in it can request an ID check. Coaches and Moderators from other communities aren't involved with the English Business unit and therefore not in its scope of control, and even without considering the fact that most communities have their own staking sections.

These are the rules that were implemented already in July 2011 and a great deal of effort and thought went into making them, it just hasn't been anything that's come up often.

Of course we cannot prevent people from organizing their private staking deal through PMs, but when we do have a public staking section, we have set rules for it and we try to keep it nice and peaceful and that people follow these rules without too much issue.

We can discuss this further if you want in a more interactive way, but let's try and not take up all of lessthanthree's thread with it.

Regards,
      Richard
    • Jan217
      Jan217
      Bronze
      yeah k I understand why you'd want stricter rules with regards to requesting stakes as a coach: if a coach ended up running a scam it would be a big mess for PS since they are part of the business etcetc, so fair enough

I still really dont get the part about a coach not being allowed to stake someone in a different community though, as far as I can see its their money and it cant harm PS for them to stake someone with it.

But anyway, as you said lets not clutter up this thread...

Cheers,

Jan
    • gp00053
      gp00053
      Bronze
      I have read and accepted the staking rules. By posting in this thread, every member acknowledges the same.

Originally posted by Jan217

Regards,
      Richard

Because that's how it was decided when the rules were made.

I wasn't personally part of the decision making in the process, but it was considered best and I believe it makes sense.

When the coaches/moderators are hired by the English Business Unit they are accepting to be part of said business unit and that's why it makes sense that the responsible people in it can request an ID check. Coaches and Moderators from other communities aren't involved with the English Business unit and therefore not in its scope of control, and even without considering the fact that most communities have their own staking sections.

These are the rules that were implemented already in July 2011 and a great deal of effort and thought went into making them, it just hasn't been anything that's come up often.

Of course we cannot prevent people from organizing their private staking deal through PMs, but when we do have a public staking section, we have set rules for it and we try to keep it nice and peaceful and that people follow these rules without too much issue.

We can discuss this further if you want in a more interactive way, but let's try and not take up all of lessthanthree's thread with it.

Regards,
      Richard
      I agree with Richard we shouldn't take up lessthanthree's thread with this discussion but we should discuss it. I agree with Jan, it doesn't make sense in this online climate to not allow coaches or moderators from other communities to be staked in any and all communities. Personally I think that once a player has 300 posts they too should be allowed to get staked outside of their own communities. Especially when the ones looking to be staked have the games they want to be staked for on sites who's accounts they have with a site through Poker Strategy.

On the other hand I like PS's rules about the 300 posts. I think this weeds out the fly by nighters and short cons. It gives stakers just one more piece of information to base their deciission's on. I stake on pretty much all the sites that offer staking, and poker strategy is by far the most strict. But as I said I think that's a good thing.

I hope other members chime in on this subject I think at the end of the day the more members who do business on a site, the more business that site will do in the long run
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi gp

I have moved your thread to the staking discussion and feedback board where it should be.

Thank you for your comments.

The reason for the 300 post within the community is the for the potential stakers to have a chance to know some info about the stakee before making a decision.

Although PokerStrategy declines any responsability if any issues arise from a staking deal if we can help we will. However anytime an issue (for example a scam) arises from a staking deal some of the trust in PokerStrategy.com is lost by some of the members for some reason, and it would be a lot worse if it were to happen by a freelancer with a PokerStrategy.com avatar; hence the extra security check to reduce the risk of this happening.

Best regards

Thazar
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Well; it's better to have a separate thread for this topic..

I understand why it's not allowed to be staked for non-english moderators, but why can't we stake someone else? The risk is always on our side as we're sending money to (probably) unknown player. There's no risk for stakee - he/she doesn't care where money comes from.

Is there any risk involved which I'm not aware of? It's the same like you wouldn't allow bronze member with 1 post to stake lessthanthree... But he's allowed to do so afaik (only member seeking a stake must have a minimum of 300 posts).

btw: Even non-EN moderators can go through an extended ID check IMO. But it's different issue...
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99

I understand why it's not allowed to be staked for non-english moderators, but why can't we stake someone else? The risk is always on our side as we're sending money to (probably) unknown player. There's no risk for stakee - he/she doesn't care where money comes from.

Is there any risk involved which I'm not aware of? It's the same like you wouldn't allow bronze member with 1 post to stake lessthanthree... But he's allowed to do so afaik (only member seeking a stake must have a minimum of 300 posts).

btw: Even non-EN moderators can go through an extended ID check IMO. But it's different issue...
      +1

Totally agree.
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      opal99 nailed it.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99

Hi opal,

I like your suggestions and will discuss it internally and if the outcome is positive, we'll make the changes. I'll inform you guys latest this afternoon.

Also, thanks everyone else as well to give us feedback regarding our Staking rules. It's important for us to hear your opinion and improve if needs to be. When I started 1 year ago the staking boards were very messy and no clear rules were applied which resulted in a lot of scamming. This is why we made the rules extra strict but I can see your point of view and we'll review a few things again.

Ingrid
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Hello again everyone.

After receiving input and discussing it internally, we've decided to tweak the rules a little, as it would make sense to do so with the way the staking sub-forum has been going lately and it is indeed more civil and organised now.

Following is what we decided is a good alternative to allow:

Members with Coach- or Moderator avatar can only be staked or stake others under the following conditions:
      - They must go through a strong ID check in order to stake others.
      - They must be moderator/coach in the English community and gone through strong ID check to apply for a stake.
      - They must send their application to HeadAdmin IngridN and be approved before placing the stake.
      Hopefully this will help with some of your concerns as I believe it's a fairly reasonable compromise.

Regards,
      Richard