Is One Drop Bad for Poker?

• JBCD71
      JBCD71
      Global
      In my opinion it is bad for poker.How can it be good for poker when only 48 players can join?They are creating something in poker that cant be good.They are singling out the average person that is poker and what truly is poker in my opinion.And for it to grow it is the average person being able to enter to play.This tournament is singling out these average players and other players who are pros also.To use a charity to hype it up and make it sound better than it really is ,Is just wrong.Dont get me wrong it is a good charity.They say the winner of the tournament will surpass the old tounament winnings player ,which i believe was Jamie Gold.Hows that good for poker.This One Drop basically says....we millionares can buy what ever we want and thats the title for tournament earnings in one tourney title.Thats sad.Thats not good for poker.I know theres alot of big names going to this tourney...that have deep pockets and well respected Pros.But this is not a good path for poker even if its for a good cause.There wont be much interest in this tournament except for the people playing in it.This tournament is taking away from the Main Event Title.Its watering down of the Main Event title.Whats next everytime theres a tournament winner in the Main Event to break the mark.Are they going to hold another one of these to cure there Millionare or Billionare ego.These guys and some pros want to just be able to buy this title and be able to play in a small 48 man they wanna call tournament.To be the best in the world you have to earn it,pay your dues,climb and grind your way up through the ladder and levels and persevere then you will be considered the best in the world.NOT BUY YOUR WAY TO THE TOP.Thats the great thing about poker!Anyone can become the greatest in the world..and i mean anyone.Poker will always have its bad guys wether we like it or not.But its our responsibility to rid the bad guys for the good of the game and for it to be where it needs to be.The bad guys only do 1 thing and thats bring the game down than up.We all as players who love the game and have a passion for the game and really care about the game..money doesnt matter.Cause after all ,we will keep playing regardless of the money if we truly do have a love for the game.Again this is my opinion.I would love to hear what othes think about this issue.Johnny ACES Cabral
  • 65 replies
    • JBCD71
      JBCD71
      Global
      WSOP should in no way award a bracelet or put any winnings in the record books.Its a huge mistake for Poker.How in the hell can they think a bracelet should be awarded for this event.Or even make it a WSOP event.Its ridiculous.Its a smack in the face of Poker.And for any pro to be backing this event is just crazy.Is everyone going schizophrenia? Or is anyone willing to do anything to go down in record books for most tournament winnings in a tournament.You call ..what is it 30 players so far,maybe 48 if it gets that much.A tournament? Your kidding right.Jamie Gold is the current holder and he had to overcome thousands of players.Thats poker!! What are the pros thinking? I know its for a good cause and i agree it is! But to make it a event and bracelet event?And for the winner becoming most tournament winnings in a single tournament to overcome Jamie Golds mark.What a joke.I personally cant believe whats being done to poker.Sure hold a charity event ok.But to make it a bracelet event and part of WSOP thats ridiculous.And only millionares will be able to enter..how is that fair? Somebody needs to shake up whats going on here.I know i am not the only player who feels this way..theres many others behind me who have said they agree.And i am sure there will be some who are for this.I just cant believe it.Sad..sad..for poker.I stand against this happening ...WHOS WITH ME!!!!!
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Oh my god..

It's horrifying trying to read anything when you write it in a single block with no linebreaks or paragraphs..

"The average player" wouldn't be able to join a $1,000,000 Buy-in tournament and isn't being singled out.

It's not the "All-time money list" that's being topped by winning, it's the single largest win from any one tournament record that'll be broken, currently held by Jamie Gold at about 12 million.

There's no glory of a champion related to this tournament, that's something you seem to be imaginging that the winner will be glorified and raised up on a pedestal, that's still reserved for the Main Event.

Seriously though, if you ever want anyone reading what you write, please use linebreaks and paragraphs, I'd be shocked if you even get 3 replies the way this is written.

Regards,
      Richard
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      I merged your second thread in here because it's pointless to have two threads on related subjects.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      In reply to the second post, please re-read my first reply.

Jamie gold isn't on top of tournament winnings he merely has the single largest win, he's 5th total in winnings I believe. With about $200k total in tournament winnings apart from his Main Event win, he's a horrible player compared to the publicity he has gotten and the credit you seem to give him.

"Take it away" from Jamie is a slap in the face to poker if anything, to use your own wording, as just about everyone will agree he didn't deserve what he got to begin with.
      In fact, current tournament directors would have most likely disqualified him for the way he was acting during play during his main event.

Again, PLEASE do not write a single block of text, everyone will ignore it and you'll get absolutely no attention from anyone ever.

Regards,
      Richard
    • BObamaJr
      BObamaJr
      Bronze
      Nice rant. Max OBAMA Sahlin
    • JBCD71
      JBCD71
      Global
      In regards to tournament winnings i did mean single largest win. I just think its bad for poker.Nobody is gonna watch it.
    • BObamaJr
      BObamaJr
      Bronze
      I have a question for the man himself. Why do you sign every block of writing with "Johnny ACES Cabral"?
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      saw a wall of text, read only fruktpuffs reply and i agree with him. And basically this event is more done for the charity than poker itself.

Originally posted by BObamaJr
      I have a question for the man himself. Why do you sign every block of writing with "Johnny ACES Cabral"?
      maybe he just feels special
    • JBCD71
      JBCD71
      Global
      When talking about largest single tournament win.I meant that every player has have had to go to great lenghts to get that title. Through large fields in a tournament. I was simply using Jamie Gold as a example not putting him on a pedastal.Geez.And a player will be praised if he is written in history wont he.You dont seem to think or know what u are talking about.And taking what i said out of context. I am working on how to write in better format.Sorry new at this.
    • JBCD71
      JBCD71
      Global
      Best Tournament player in the World.Dodo birds. LOL :)
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      who dafug rly cares who is at the top of single tournament wins?if you can't afford it, you just don't play it, that's it, simple as that.

if you talk about too high buy in's in mtt then i could say, that every main event w/ a buy in of 5k+ is too high, i can't afford it, it's bad for poker, why don't they make then 500$ buy in, the fields would be bigger and the champion would be even more praised. maybe 50$ buy in?
    • JBCD71
      JBCD71
      Global
      I think the $500 dollar buy in is a great idea to tell you the truth.
    • JBCD71
      JBCD71
      Global
      What i am saying most of all is it shouldnt be a bracelet or WSOP event and should only be a Charity Event period.And especially shouldnt be going down in history as the single most won money in a tournament,when others had to beat thousands of players.This tournament is only 30 as of right now and maybe 48 if it gets that high.Its a joke..it shouldnt be a bracelet or WSOP event.Thats my opinion.Johnny ACES Cabral
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JBCD71
      In regards to tournament winnings i did mean single largest win. I just think its bad for poker.Nobody is gonna watch it.
      Nobody is going to watch it except everybody. This is the biggest buy in ever in poker. There are going to be billionaire business men playing as well as top pros, its going to be absolute sick! The businessmen will be playing whatever hand they can so the action will be awesome.

This will also be a great spot for Poker to improve its reputation. 4.8 million raised for charity in one go.

Stop hating, appreciate. Do you think anyone actually cares about the all time money list except for Daniel and Ivey?

edit:'

And you can bet the 48 maximum players has a lot to do with the businessmen. How many businessmen have you seen that want to grind out 6 days of play?
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      iamgoingtowatchitjustbecausetheoptellsmenotto
    • JBCD71
      JBCD71
      Global
      We will see wont we if any one watchs it.I am totally all for the charity...1000 percent behind it.I just dont agree its good for poker when they have a bracelet and is a WSOP event.It should strictly be a charity tournament.It shouldnt surpass a single tournament prize money in a tournament when in the past its been having to beat thousands not 30 or 48.I am not hating.I am all for the charity.I believe in it with my heart and soul.Just disagree it should be a WSOP event is all.Johnny ACES Cabral i will always speak with my heart and be honest.
    • Jan217
      Jan217
      Bronze
      The bracelet is probabely one of the reasons so many business men want to play, they have a much higher chance getting one in this event than any other.

So the bracelet is increasing the amount of money that goes to an important charity, for me that's all that matters.
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      It's going to raise - probably - over $5 million for a good charity, it's going to - probably - inject some money into poker, it's going to - definitely - get a lot of mainstream publicity for One Drop and the WSOP. All good things.

IMO if you want to talk about the integrity of WSOP bracelets I think you should attack the $1,000 live turbos at the WSOP and the fact that 60+ are awarded each year.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      It's not bad for poker, it's not bad for anything, apart from about 40 player's bankrolls :D

It will come across to the public that poker players aren't these degenerates who only care about money when they are giving so much to charity.

The action will be sick, and everyone will watch it.

This tournament requires more skill to win than the Main Event, which is a massive luckfest due to the larger amount of entrants.

You're basically saying MTT players are better than SnG players because they beat more people ?(

That's how you use paragraphs.