This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 SH TT preflop

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Everest - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $2.34
      BTN: $4.78
      SB: $3.13
      Hero (BB): $5.00
      UTG: $5.62
      MP: $5.08

SB posts SB $0.03, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.08) Hero has T:diamond: T:spade:

UTG calls $0.05, fold, CO calls $0.05, BTN raises to $0.19, fold, Hero raises to $0.70, UTG calls $0.65, fold, BTN calls $0.51
      i wasn't really sure of what i was doing. was i turning my hand into a bluff, just want to pick up dead monies?
      i don't know if i was willing to go broke.
      UTG is just fish (obv)

btn stats:

pre-autonotes:
      [P] Called 3Bets in position {AQo} (1)
      [P] Called 2Bet from blinds range {A9s,A9o,JTo} (3)
      [P] 3Bet range {AA,K8o} (2)

postflop is included to remind myself that i also run good sometimes :f_biggrin:

Flop: ($2.18, 3 players) T:heart: Q:heart: 4:club:
      Hero bets $1.70, UTG raises to $4.92 and is all-in, fold, Hero calls $2.60 and is all-in

Turn: ($10.78, 2 players) 5:diamond:

River: ($10.78, 2 players) 3:spade:

Hero shows T:diamond: T:spade: (Three of a Kind, Tens) (Pre 68%, Flop 92%, Turn 100%)
      UTG shows 9:club: Q:club: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 32%, Flop 8%, Turn 0%)
      Hero wins $10.08
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Cosnider that BU isolation range is quite wide and your hand is quite strong I would also 3-bet pf for value. I think you get called pf worse hands and if you take initiative you can often take pot down even if you don´t have there overpair

I would not bet flop larger than 1.5$, since I would like them to call hands like 99/JJ, maybe some Tx and definitely Qx. You´re going to shove on any turn and this way you extract more money hands that would have folded to bigger bet on the flop

best regards,
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      if he 4bets, do i go broke with this non-sample? seems that he's into calling 3bets though... so i can 3b/fold tens?

also i'd like to ask for veriz's opinion in these hands
      don't get me wrong, i agree with nearly everything that you said in the evaluations, but i just think these are some interesting spots in which i'm not really sure of what i'm doing.
      other players of any level are also welcome to comment :f_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

Preflop: His raise size is anyways weak there and therefore I wouldn't mind if you even go for 3bet-value there. :) I wouldn't really expect to see from his side a 4bet but if we do most likely fold be towards folding the hand.

As played
      Postflop: While it's a 3bet pot you can easily even Bet it smaller to give him room for continue with weaker hands. :) Not that many FD type of holdings in his range.

Best Regards.