Future of FL

• factorIR
      factorIR
      Bronze
      Last year I was playing mainly low limits of all kind no limit poker including SNGs. I've been break even player. Now for two days I played around 1000 hands of FL full ring poker. I lost a couple of BB but, I think I enjoy playing this game more than NL. In FL approach is a little more mathematical and I like it. Now some questions. Is it worth to switch to FL? Does have FL any future? If I decide to play FL, shoud I switch to 6 max as soon as possible?
  • 34 replies
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      Not worth switching at low stakes IMO.
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      What do you mean by"If FL has any future"?
      Ofcourse it's worth to switch if you like it more.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Nobody can say if FL will exist in a few years but there are a lot SH tables at the big sites so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Play the game which you like the most.
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      If on the subject I have a question too, for more experienced players. Is it possible to live from FL poker? I'm talking about 3000-5000$ a month? I never heard anybody here making big profits from FL, I'm getting the feeling that everybody who's winning big plays NL.

And at what limits could a 3000$/month profit be possible if you play around 3-4 hours a day?

For now I just made enough to buy a sofa :D , but I would like to know what to aim for :P

How much do you guys make(Yoghi, ciRith...)?
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I haven't made a lot with poker. But with some side things I did/am doing I've made $3k this year, starting with $100 at 1 jan. I already had $3k halfway through march though, but lost a lot again ^^

You can make a lot with FL, in the german forum there are quite a lot of people who make a decent amount of money.

$3k/month playing 1k hands a day isn't too hard. 1BB/100, 30k hands, $3k = BB of 10, so on 5/10 it's already possible. Just don't think of $3k/month as $3k in january, $3k in february, $3k in march... but as in $10k in january, -$8k in february and then +$7k in march or with a lot bigger swings than that with higher stakes.
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      I haven't made a lot with poker. But with some side things I did/am doing I've made $3k this year, starting with $100 at 1 jan. I already had $3k halfway through march though, but lost a lot again ^^

You can make a lot with FL, in the german forum there are quite a lot of people who make a decent amount of money.

$3k/month playing 1k hands a day isn't too hard. 1BB/100, 30k hands, $3k = BB of 10, so on 5/10 it's already possible. Just don't think of $3k/month as $3k in january, $3k in february, $3k in march... but as in $10k in january, -$8k in february and then +$7k in march or with a lot bigger swings than that with higher stakes.
      he he I know the swings are brutal(I was really shocked when I saw undercovers graph :D )

Made a same calculation my self, but I didn't know if it was realistic.

By the way nice wins, what limit do you play?
    • Mendezov
      Mendezov
      Bronze
      check this out: http://www.stoxpoker.com/node/1814
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      30% VPIP is ideal for 6max?
    • factorIR
      factorIR
      Bronze
      OK!!!1!11! I'll give it a try!

I will start with bankroll of 50$ on Titan Poker. I have some more money at Party but I want to start with lowest limit of 0.10$/0.20$(and also gain my status on Poker Strategy).

There are my goals for next couple of weeks:
      1. Study basic strategy from Poker Strategy
      2. Study book from Lee Jones: Winning Low Limit Hold'em
      3. Play as many hands of 0.10$/0.20$ as possible on Titan poker
      4. Gain Silver status on Poker Strategy
      5. Try not to be too much result oriented
      6. Post at least 1 hand a day on average and participate in discussion
      7. Report on my progress as often as possible
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Congratz =) We're here to help! imo once you hit .25/50c instead of advancing to .5/1$ try .25/50c shorthand when you reach ~500BB cause it's an important step and it helps to start early!

Welcome!
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I went from 0.1/0.2 to 3/6, then back to 1/2 and now I'm ready to start 3/6 again :)

Originally posted by TerrorBlade
      30% VPIP is ideal for 6max?
      It's the way most Americans prefer to play, a bit more laggy. But ps advises something like 25/19 or 24/18 as optimal. Both styles seem to work but for non-expert players I think the ps style is easier because you get less marginal decisions and at least preflop you always play according to equity.
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      wishmaster made like 20k in 5 - 6 days he made like 8k at 5/10 in like 10k hands or something like that i forgot, hes graph pic its not working anymore
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      I went from 0.1/0.2 to 3/6, then back to 1/2 and now I'm ready to start 3/6 again :)
      Wow, I would try a bit more conservative BRM if I ware you. Moving down 2 limits must be bad for moral :(
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Why? This thing shouldn't bother you. I moved down 2 limits too... From 0.5/1 to 0.15/0.30 and I had no problems. Ok, maybe for an hour, not more ;)
      BRM has nothing to do here :)
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dippy19
      If on the subject I have a question too, for more experienced players. Is it possible to live from FL poker? I'm talking about 3000-5000$ a month? I never heard anybody here making big profits from FL, I'm getting the feeling that everybody who's winning big plays NL.

And at what limits could a 3000$/month profit be possible if you play around 3-4 hours a day?

For now I just made enough to buy a sofa :D , but I would like to know what to aim for :P

How much do you guys make(Yoghi, ciRith...)?
      Have you really never heard of your fellow countryman Blovdek?
      He was earning 30.000 - 50.000$ a month playing 50/100 and 100/200.
      Young guy 22 yrs old, quickly bought a huge appartement in Ljubljana, and took a break for a while. As far as i know he played on partypoker with nickname OVCA_13 or something like that, and making 2 BB/100 on those limits.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I think I could make that but I'm not motivated to play that much. (And I study as well.)

Just look at the founder of Pokerstrategy (Korn) he is a FL player and our strategy maker (there are other as well). He plays up to 1000/2000$!!!

Here is one of his videos (it's in german):

http://de.pokerstrategy.com/video/1163

Another one is Schnibl0r a former Starcraft Broodwar player (as well as Korn ^^). He plays up to 1000/2000$ as well but as he always tries to beat the best he got knocked down a few times (still abig 200/400$ winner I guess).

There are more but as the state might have a eye here too not all of the pulish everything. ;)
    • factorIR
      factorIR
      Bronze
      Have you really never heard of your fellow countryman Blovdek?

I know who Blovdek is. I also watched him to play on Party Poker high limits. Slovenian had some more great limit players. But I think they all started to play no limit, if I am correct.
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith
      I think I could make that but I'm not motivated to play that much. (And I study as well.)

Just look at the founder of Pokerstrategy (Korn) he is a FL player and our strategy maker (there are other as well). He plays up to 1000/2000$!!!

Here is one of his videos (it's in german):

http://de.pokerstrategy.com/video/1163

Another one is Schnibl0r a former Starcraft Broodwar player (as well as Korn ^^). He plays up to 1000/2000$ as well but as he always tries to beat the best he got knocked down a few times (still abig 200/400$ winner I guess).

There are more but as the state might have a eye here too not all of the pulish everything. ;)
      I better start following his strategies, he is a great player, I have seen Hoss play a lot, didn't know the founder of this site played him, that is awesome. :)
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      I wish I knew german...

Or like go to a 2 week bootcamp where we're trained by the 1000/2000$ ps.DE german players and all of our leaks are stamped out and our agression is tuned to hyper-mega-german-tag style!