This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Future of FL

• factorIR
      factorIR
      Bronze
      Last year I was playing mainly low limits of all kind no limit poker including SNGs. I've been break even player. Now for two days I played around 1000 hands of FL full ring poker. I lost a couple of BB but, I think I enjoy playing this game more than NL. In FL approach is a little more mathematical and I like it. Now some questions. Is it worth to switch to FL? Does have FL any future? If I decide to play FL, shoud I switch to 6 max as soon as possible?
  • 34 replies
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      Not worth switching at low stakes IMO.
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      What do you mean by"If FL has any future"?
      Ofcourse it's worth to switch if you like it more.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Nobody can say if FL will exist in a few years but there are a lot SH tables at the big sites so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Play the game which you like the most.
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      If on the subject I have a question too, for more experienced players. Is it possible to live from FL poker? I'm talking about 3000-5000$ a month? I never heard anybody here making big profits from FL, I'm getting the feeling that everybody who's winning big plays NL.

And at what limits could a 3000$/month profit be possible if you play around 3-4 hours a day?

For now I just made enough to buy a sofa :D , but I would like to know what to aim for :P

How much do you guys make(Yoghi, ciRith...)?
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I haven't made a lot with poker. But with some side things I did/am doing I've made $3k this year, starting with $100 at 1 jan. I already had $3k halfway through march though, but lost a lot again ^^

You can make a lot with FL, in the german forum there are quite a lot of people who make a decent amount of money.

$3k/month playing 1k hands a day isn't too hard. 1BB/100, 30k hands, $3k = BB of 10, so on 5/10 it's already possible. Just don't think of $3k/month as $3k in january, $3k in february, $3k in march... but as in $10k in january, -$8k in february and then +$7k in march or with a lot bigger swings than that with higher stakes.
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      I haven't made a lot with poker. But with some side things I did/am doing I've made $3k this year, starting with $100 at 1 jan. I already had $3k halfway through march though, but lost a lot again ^^

You can make a lot with FL, in the german forum there are quite a lot of people who make a decent amount of money.

$3k/month playing 1k hands a day isn't too hard. 1BB/100, 30k hands, $3k = BB of 10, so on 5/10 it's already possible. Just don't think of $3k/month as $3k in january, $3k in february, $3k in march... but as in $10k in january, -$8k in february and then +$7k in march or with a lot bigger swings than that with higher stakes.
      he he I know the swings are brutal(I was really shocked when I saw undercovers graph :D )

Made a same calculation my self, but I didn't know if it was realistic.

By the way nice wins, what limit do you play?
    • Mendezov
      Mendezov
      Bronze
      check this out: http://www.stoxpoker.com/node/1814
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      30% VPIP is ideal for 6max?
    • factorIR
      factorIR
      Bronze
      OK!!!1!11! I'll give it a try!

I will start with bankroll of 50$ on Titan Poker. I have some more money at Party but I want to start with lowest limit of 0.10$/0.20$(and also gain my status on Poker Strategy).

There are my goals for next couple of weeks:
      1. Study basic strategy from Poker Strategy
      2. Study book from Lee Jones: Winning Low Limit Hold'em
      3. Play as many hands of 0.10$/0.20$ as possible on Titan poker
      4. Gain Silver status on Poker Strategy
      5. Try not to be too much result oriented
      6. Post at least 1 hand a day on average and participate in discussion
      7. Report on my progress as often as possible
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Congratz =) We're here to help! imo once you hit .25/50c instead of advancing to .5/1$ try .25/50c shorthand when you reach ~500BB cause it's an important step and it helps to start early!

Welcome!
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I went from 0.1/0.2 to 3/6, then back to 1/2 and now I'm ready to start 3/6 again :)

Originally posted by TerrorBlade
      30% VPIP is ideal for 6max?
      It's the way most Americans prefer to play, a bit more laggy. But ps advises something like 25/19 or 24/18 as optimal. Both styles seem to work but for non-expert players I think the ps style is easier because you get less marginal decisions and at least preflop you always play according to equity.
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      wishmaster made like 20k in 5 - 6 days he made like 8k at 5/10 in like 10k hands or something like that i forgot, hes graph pic its not working anymore
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      I went from 0.1/0.2 to 3/6, then back to 1/2 and now I'm ready to start 3/6 again :)
      Wow, I would try a bit more conservative BRM if I ware you. Moving down 2 limits must be bad for moral :(
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Why? This thing shouldn't bother you. I moved down 2 limits too... From 0.5/1 to 0.15/0.30 and I had no problems. Ok, maybe for an hour, not more ;)
      BRM has nothing to do here :)
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dippy19
      If on the subject I have a question too, for more experienced players. Is it possible to live from FL poker? I'm talking about 3000-5000$ a month? I never heard anybody here making big profits from FL, I'm getting the feeling that everybody who's winning big plays NL.

And at what limits could a 3000$/month profit be possible if you play around 3-4 hours a day?

For now I just made enough to buy a sofa :D , but I would like to know what to aim for :P

How much do you guys make(Yoghi, ciRith...)?
      Have you really never heard of your fellow countryman Blovdek?
      He was earning 30.000 - 50.000$ a month playing 50/100 and 100/200.
      Young guy 22 yrs old, quickly bought a huge appartement in Ljubljana, and took a break for a while. As far as i know he played on partypoker with nickname OVCA_13 or something like that, and making 2 BB/100 on those limits.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I think I could make that but I'm not motivated to play that much. (And I study as well.)

Just look at the founder of Pokerstrategy (Korn) he is a FL player and our strategy maker (there are other as well). He plays up to 1000/2000$!!!

Here is one of his videos (it's in german):

http://de.pokerstrategy.com/video/1163

Another one is Schnibl0r a former Starcraft Broodwar player (as well as Korn ^^). He plays up to 1000/2000$ as well but as he always tries to beat the best he got knocked down a few times (still abig 200/400$ winner I guess).

There are more but as the state might have a eye here too not all of the pulish everything. ;)
    • factorIR
      factorIR
      Bronze
      Have you really never heard of your fellow countryman Blovdek?

I know who Blovdek is. I also watched him to play on Party Poker high limits. Slovenian had some more great limit players. But I think they all started to play no limit, if I am correct.
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith
      I think I could make that but I'm not motivated to play that much. (And I study as well.)

Just look at the founder of Pokerstrategy (Korn) he is a FL player and our strategy maker (there are other as well). He plays up to 1000/2000$!!!

Here is one of his videos (it's in german):

http://de.pokerstrategy.com/video/1163

Another one is Schnibl0r a former Starcraft Broodwar player (as well as Korn ^^). He plays up to 1000/2000$ as well but as he always tries to beat the best he got knocked down a few times (still abig 200/400$ winner I guess).

There are more but as the state might have a eye here too not all of the pulish everything. ;)
      I better start following his strategies, he is a great player, I have seen Hoss play a lot, didn't know the founder of this site played him, that is awesome. :)
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      I wish I knew german...

Or like go to a 2 week bootcamp where we're trained by the 1000/2000$ ps.DE german players and all of our leaks are stamped out and our agression is tuned to hyper-mega-german-tag style!