Pokerstars for SNGs

• sokre
      sokre
      Bronze
      Hi!

So I managed to build my bankroll to 800$ on Everest and since traffic is not so good, I am looking to move to Pokerstars, and use 600$ first deposit bonus.

I currently play 5$ SnGs (mainly 6 turbo, and 10 seat normal)
      I play 30-40 Sngs a day, 8 tables.

I have couple of questions.
      How good or bad are players comparing Everest vs Stars? I am interested in 5$-15$ tables. Everest has some decent players, but there are many fishes.
      I suppose Stars should have much more traffic.
      How much should it take to get 100% of 600$ first deposit bonus? Is it possible, how hard?
  • 12 replies
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      Hi Sokre,

I would try and avoid PokerStars, yes they have the best traffic, but at a price! They have the toughest games in the industry.

If your issue is with traffic then I would suggest 'splitting' your roll onto different networks. This way you can get enough games to keep your requirements and still benefit from first deposit bonuses and softer games.

A good network to add would be Ipoker. We have a bunch of rooms on there that offer first deposit bonuses ranging from 40-52% rakeback. The first room I would start with would be TitanPoker

If you deposited half your roll for $400 on there, they would give you a $800 first deposit bonus that clears at 52%. So you would need to rake around $1600 to get the full bonus.

Let me know if you have any other questions

Callum
    • sokre
      sokre
      Bronze
      thanks for reply. I played on Titan poker but I disliked 20% rake! I think it was 1$+0,20$. for sngs. for 2$ the same. So it left bad taste.

You think Stars is so tough? No fishes? Even at 7$ Sngs?
      I kinda like software and everything looks really professional.
      I think I am doing well on Everest.
      I built my bankroll from 0$ to 800$ in one month.
      I had 2$ at the beginning of march and played through march - got to 250$ I think.
      17 April I had 820$. (I won 110$ this monday - 2nd place in MTT 2.20$ 82 players)
      I play 5$ Sngs (since my bankroll was 200$) and 2,5$ Sngs - since my bankroll was 25$.
      So from 2$ to 800$ in a month I think is respectable (in the first half of march I hardly played) playing average 30 sngs a day.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      I agree with Callum here.

Stars SNG is probably the toughest out there. The euro sites are definitely a lot easier and you would have a higher win rate than on PokerStars.
    • Relative18
      Relative18
      Bronze
      I recomand you 888 for bad players , but they have very small rakeback vip . Trafic not so good but the players are very weak and you could increase your bankroll with MTT and SNG
    • jasonforan
      jasonforan
      Bronze
      Stars might have the toughest field, I cant really say if it is or not as most of my games played are on stars anyway but the games are still definitely beatable and there is definitely a lot of fish still to be found at stars.That said the tables can sometimes be reg infested. Table selecting is a good idea if you want to increase your win rate. :D
    • VladimirN
      VladimirN
      Bronze
      5 months ago, when I played on Stars, you could table select 3.5s and sit with one winning reg every 7-10 tables.

If you're playing 3.5s say hello to my friend Condor. He's a legend with -50% ROI over 10k games. I used to stalk him, when I get him out in one SnG I'm instantly searching for a new table where he'll sit at :s_evil:

7s were more reg infested, usually you get 1-2 decent players per table if you table select.

EDIT: I'm talking of 6-max.
    • sokre
      sokre
      Bronze
      That doesnt sound so bad.
      On Everest on 6max turbos there is usually 1-2 regulars.
      On normal 10 seat tables people play better - tighter.
      I ll probably play this month on Everest and see where I ll be.

I did play on Stars before - had some no deposit bonus, but you know how it goes on low level SNGs - there are many lunatics and Stars dont have micro SNGs like Everest I think.
      So my experience tells me nothing.
    • danjef
      danjef
      Bronze
      Why not send a few bucks over to pokerstars and give them a try? the first deposit bonus is set so you are allowed 3 deposit bonus's within 90days so might be worth shipping $100 over and see if you like it then you can maximise the deposit bonus by moving the rest over.

I think they still do this its been a while since I looked

also before you make a deposit you can take the poker school online quiz and get 5 x $3.40 Tournament Tickets that's also on top of the deposit bonus I believe.

So yea the option to try it out and still get the most out of the bonus is there.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Gonna drop my 2 cents in.

Since march I'm a reg at the 18man games, started with 7$s and moved up to the 15$ games about a month ago. The 7$ games are soft if u know ur way around ICM bubble play and are good at following what players do. I think I was beating those games at about 10-11% ROI although my sample was about 1.2k games before I moved up.

The 15$s are definately way more demanding. A lot of good players recently came down from the higher limits and are making the field relatively tough considering the buyin of the game. At the 15$ 18mans u gotta be damn sure about ur game and follow close attention to what players do if u want more than a 2-4% ROI and even that might prove to be tough to achieve over certain swingy periods.

Stars 18mans are tough once u hit the 15$ level. They are definately beatable though if u have a really solid understanding of the game and are able to adapt. I'm not too sure about the field in STT games, however I would imagine some similarities exist. One thing u could try are the knockout STTs where strategies aren't as developed yet and there is still posibility of having a considerable edge. Otherwise prepare to work hard and study loads.
    • sokre
      sokre
      Bronze
      @ danjef - I ll think about probing deposit firs.

Thanks Aktos.

Anyone with Everest experience playing Stars at the moment?
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Atoks

Since march I'm a reg at the 18man games, started with 7$s and moved up to the 15$ games about a month ago. The 7$ games are soft if u know ur way around ICM bubble play and are good at following what players do. I think I was beating those games at about 10-11% ROI although my sample was about 1.2k games before I moved up.

The 15$s are definately way more demanding. A lot of good players recently came down from the higher limits and are making the field relatively tough considering the buyin of the game. At the 15$ 18mans u gotta be damn sure about ur game and follow close attention to what players do if u want more than a 2-4% ROI and even that might prove to be tough to achieve over certain swingy periods.

Stars 18mans are tough once u hit the 15$ level. They are definately beatable though if u have a really solid understanding of the game and are able to adapt. I'm not too sure about the field in STT games, however I would imagine some similarities exist. One thing u could try are the knockout STTs where strategies aren't as developed yet and there is still posibility of having a considerable edge. Otherwise prepare to work hard and study loads.
      why don't you grind the 7$ games then if they are a lot fishier?you should get a higher $/h
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by phantommm92
      Originally posted by Atoks

why don't you grind the 7$ games then if they are a lot fishier?you should get a higher $/h
      I see absolutely no point in stagnating on a lower limit. I prefer to better my game and push myself to become even better. I've no interest in being a bumhunter anymore and I want to improve and move up as high as possible. I've already done the mass table grinding thing, it worked OK but it wasn't making me happy. My best poker period has been since this March when I've completely changed my style of game and I've found a new way to enjoy the game. That has become more important for me than 30+tabling a micro limit to make a living.