BB: $28.97
      UTG: $28.90
      Hero (MP): $29.55
      CO: $51.28
      BTN: $25.00
      SB: $4.76

Pre Flop: ($0.37) Hero is MP with 8 :heart: 8 :diamond:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.75, CO calls $0.75, 3 folds

Flop: ($1.87) J :spade: 9 :diamond: 2 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.00, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($3.87) K :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25

River: ($8.37) 6 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $5.50, Hero folds

CO (136 hands)
      VPIP/PFR/3bet/CO3bet/COcallopen 30/25/37/0/11
      foldtoCbetflop 100(2/2)
      AFflop/turn/river inf/inf/3
      AFqflop/turn/river 40/52/19
      WtSD/W$SD 40/50

CO is rather unknown, but seems aggressive so far.
      How would you play this hand oop? Ch/fold flop? Cbet flop, ch/fold turn? Cbet flop, ch/call turn, ch/fold river?
      If I cbet flop what worse can call me? Maybe T8/QT/KQ, if he's not raising them... As I dont know that he's a floater or not, I rather tried the passive line to induce bluffs from him and try to reach showdown, but I gave up on the river where he seemed more passive so far.
      What do you think?
  • 5 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hey man,

for me it's easy cbet, because when you check this hand against rather aggro player it might induce him to barrel like crazy monkey ...

He has wide call open range and missed this very often. I think it's much easier to play cbet flop :) The check and calldown is doable, however, you can never be sure about opponents tendencies and that sucks...

Cya :)
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Diamond
      OK, thanks.
      If you cbet flop, let's assume CO calls. What would you do on this turn? Turn 88 into bluff, and barrel K as a scarecard, ch/call against floats, or just ch/fold turn?
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Well,

c/c -c/f is nonsense since he will not have many floats and when we call we will face hard decision on river, it's just bleh :) )...

if we pickup some extra eq. (7,8,T, 50%Q) on turn I might 2nd barrel... still I think it's bleh too, because as I said he will not have that many pure floats here and our FE isn't the best...

Nevertheless, with like 15-20%eq we should deffo get +EV second barrel (he's probably not folding 33-88 on one cbet here) and some weaker 9x ... so yeee it should be deffo +EV ^^
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Diamond
      As I openraise any PP from any position, I face a lot of these situations, playing some middle PP out of position on a dry board with one or two overcards.
      I hate betting in these spots, because (unless Villain is a callingstation or floater) few worse hands can call us, and few if any better hands will fold, but we expose ourselves to a bluffraise, which we cant really call, so I dont see much sense of betting. Protection isnt a big issue either, because if we are ahead, most of the time Villain have 6 outs at best. It is rather a wa/wb situation, and I see betting as bluff barreling here, but with only 2 outs to improve, if we are behind...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello pcfmcc02,

Not really a hand which you want to turn into bluff-catcher on the flop. Rather CB yourself and reevaluate the further actions. And might even turn my hand into bluff on the turn and just 2nd barrel it.

Another option of course would be to Check/Fold the turn but now again he may easily have floats as worse PPs there and even Jx hands which might sometimes fold. The K isn't the best card for the reason that it completes some of his Kx/SD type of hands but it doesn't mean that we still can't do our CB profitable for the fold equity.

Best Regards.