[NL2-NL10] NL10 AKo, JK9 floop

• Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.46 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , K:heart:
      3 folds, MP1 calls $0,10, 3 folds, BU raises to $0,20, Hero raises to $0,85, BB raises to $0,80 (All-In), MP1 folds, BU calls $0,65.

Flop: ($2,60) J:spade: , K:diamond: , 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,90 (All-In), BU calls $0,90.

Turn: ($4,40) 7:club:
      River: ($4,40) K:club:

Final Pot: $4,40

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BB shows two pairs, kings and jacks (Jh Th)
      Hero shows three of a kind, kings (As Kh)
      BU shows a full-house, kings full of nines (Ks 9h)

BU wins with a full-house, kings full of nines (Ks 9h)

Now i'm wondering did i play it right ? i was playing this table for some time, and i knew both players from earlier games. I knew that they like to raise and even go allin with hands lik ace/king low so when i paired my kings on floop, i felt confident enought about my hand. Ace was securing me in case one of them got ace low. and pair of kings gave me top pair here, so i decided to push all in. But i didn't expect that other guy to hit two pairs, nor that other guy got kj.

So tell me what do you think, knowing this info.
  • 7 replies
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      First of all your preflop raise should be 3x raise size, so $0.60 (not exteremely relevant for the rest of the hand, but still...)
      If the BB still raises all-in after you bet $0.60, you can easily push your hand preflop, because AK simply is a strong hand preflop.

The way you played it now, it's a easy push on the flop, so well played there.

Another reason why your preflop raise size isn't good, is that you're committed on the flop anyway, cause you only have $0.90 in a $2.60 pot.
      And since you should cbet any flop against 1 opponent (the other one is all-in anyway, so not really relevant for your post-flop play), you're gonna put the $0.90 in anyway.

So either raise $0.60 preflop, or push immediately, not betting $0.85 and committing yourself to paying the $0.90 on the flop anyway.
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      Ok, got it. Thanks for info :D
      Bronze
      I like the pf 4.5x raise.

Also, fine on the flop. Just bad luck.
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      So now i'm confused, should i raise 4,5 or 3x ? This is kinda important for me. I posted that huge raise because then BB would be forced to either fold or go all in, but maybe it was wrong ?
    • Lukeast
      Lukeast
      Bronze
      well the guide says 3x but maybe thats just for noobs like me :D
      Bronze
      The guide says to reraise 3x if someone already raised. This guy merely minraised so we cannot really put him on normal raise range. We have to reraise him to at least $0.7 since there was a limper (I treat minraises as a limp), but it makes no harm to throw in another 10 cents or even push at this spot.

No need to be so strict, I think.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 098799
      The guide says to reraise 3x if someone already raised. This guy merely minraised so we cannot really put him on normal raise range. We have to reraise him to at least $0.7 since there was a limper (I treat minraises as a limp), but it makes no harm to throw in another 10 cents or even push at this spot.

No need to be so strict, I think.
      I agree, $0.8 I would raise here 0.6 + 0.1 (limper) + 0.1 (position)