[NL20-NL50] NL25BSS - AA vs reraise on lowcards flop

• tzveti
      tzveti
      Bronze
      Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: , A:spade:
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0.25, 2 folds, SB raises to $1.65, Hero raises to $4.25, MP3 folds, SB calls $2.60.

Flop: ($8.75) 2:diamond: , 9:heart: , 5:heart: (0 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $8.00, SB raises to $36.50 (All-in), Hero calls $13.40 (All-in).

Final Pot: $66.65

He called a reraise preflop, so I cant imagine he hit a set here,maybe playing back with overpair/AK of hearts.He reraised my bet, and I was pretty much commited.Is all in here correct?
  • 4 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Definitely. The only hand you could be behind to is 99, and if so, bad luck. Against the draws, you must get all in here.
    • tzveti
      tzveti
      Bronze
      Thank you. He had 99, but i hit an ace on the turn.His call Preflop wasnt correct , right?
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Nice. :D Gotta love the good luck.

Whether he can call depends on stack sizes really. I would have reraised him to $6 preflop, or at least $5 anyway, 3X + a bit for the limper. His call for the small amount isn't correct, because you don't have enough behind to justify the odds for him when he does hit. Because you have so little left after the c/r, you have to call anyway, odds are better than 2:1, and he can have overpair/overcards with a FD here often enough. Do you have reads or stats on the guy? If he is aggressive, always call, if passive, you can really suspect the set, but probably still have to call anyway? Let the judges decide.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You should re-raise at least 3x to initial raise-a t least 4,95$- or better make it then 5$.
      Right now SB had to call 2,6$ and in the pot was 6,15$, so he got 2,4:1
      Odds that you flop a set is 11,8%, so he needs 7,5:1 odds.
      As you see he doesn't get that pf, so he has to think that if he flop a set, he'll get your stack, but in reality that never happens, cause you often also has here AK and you're going bet/fold flop.
      He'll need to get another 14$ in your stack to make that call profitable if he is going to fold all the others flop if you make your contibet with overpair or AK.
      Generally I like to make a little bigger re-raise pf and he doesn't get the right odds to call with set value 100BB deep.