Supernova Elite

• jimmertron
      jimmertron
      Bronze
      SuperNova Elite....discuss.
      Hi guys im a micro stakes player, only play 4-6 tables at once.
      wud luv to hear from any SNEs out there about how they went about achieving sne. also anyone who maybe thinking of attempting it nxt year.
      i dont use any software and just generally play TAGish, what sort of dedication is required and how difficult is it to lead a family life around sne. also what style of play is best and will ZOOM help? ?(
  • 20 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey jimmertron,

You may be able to have some fun with this - PokerStars VIP Calculator

There is not many SNE's about, I think I can remember a video saying there has only ever been around 50? It may have been in this Video, not too sure :(

Either way I'm sure you'll enjoy it :)

http://www.pokerstars.tv/poker-video-13749-frosty012-a-short-film-by-team-pokerstars-online.html?channel_id=337
    • jimmertron
      jimmertron
      Bronze
      ok thanx for the reply matt, will check it out.
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      I think that the account "chira" who was a stars pro got sne at microstakes, but that guy broke records in amounts of hands played in time frames etc.

This guy was hardcore, I think anyway unless my memory is playing tricks on me.

:f_p:
    • TurnitAce
      TurnitAce
      Bronze
      for a micro player i think is a bit impossible, you would have to play 20 from 24h per day :) ) . But for a mid stakes players NL100-NL400 i think you would need like 2-3 mil hands in a year, which is not that much if you play zoom
      GL anyway
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      Chiren80

The above name is the actual team poker stars pro who became super nova elite from the shear amount of hands he plays at 1 to 2 cent tables full ring.

He became a sponsored pro and made it to supernova, so it can be done.

Hope that gives you inspiration dude, the earlier name I quoted was me not remembering his screen name correctly.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ArkhamAsylum
      Chiren80

The above name is the actual team poker stars pro who became super nova elite from the shear amount of hands he plays at 1 to 2 cent tables full ring.

He became a sponsored pro and made it to supernova, so it can be done.

Hope that gives you inspiration dude, the earlier name I quoted was me not remembering his screen name correctly.
      He became supernova elite from grinding out NL100 FR not NL2. Later on he did a 1mil hands/month challenge @NL2 or smth like that. It's impossible to reach SNE @ NL2.
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      you sure :X

guess op you are not getting super nova then :f_biggrin:
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      If you play 24 tables 16h/day on NL2 FR, you only get ~15k points/month. So no SNE.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TiciBoy
      If you play 24 tables 16h/day on NL2 FR, you only get ~15k points/month. So no SNE.
      Still SuperNova though! Just not Elite..
    • jimmertron
      jimmertron
      Bronze
      yeah sometimes i think people are robots. Nanonoko is defo some kind of poker android! 28000 hands in 8hrs is insane. would love to give sne a go but i dont think iv got the mental stamina. i really respect all the snes out there, just goes to show if you want something real bad it can be done.
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      joeingram1 is the sickest grinder, check out his challenges on 2+2
    • jimmertron
      jimmertron
      Bronze
      yeah, seen his vids on youtube. he is a mad man which prob helps!
    • mrbeer9999
      mrbeer9999
      Basic
      It's probably not worth grinding out SNE for the sake of it at say 25NL. You'd be better served learning how to play midstakes.

And yeah Chiren ground a million hands in a month 24 tabling 2NL. Having done 10K hands in a day I can say I wouldn't try to emulate this feat for less than $50K, it would suck so much. I think he cleared something like $1500 over that time which shows you can't make a living playing 2Nl even if you basically never sleep.
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      I think you're better off sticking to fewer tables and working on your game. When you are very comfortable with your game and are playing low-mid stakes then SNE will be far easier.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mrbeer9999
      It's probably not worth grinding out SNE for the sake of it at say 25NL. You'd be better served learning how to play midstakes.

And yeah Chiren ground a million hands in a month 24 tabling 2NL. Having done 10K hands in a day I can say I wouldn't try to emulate this feat for less than $50K, it would suck so much. I think he cleared something like $1500 over that time which shows you can't make a living playing 2Nl even if you basically never sleep.
      $1500 is more than standard/good-ish salary in Latvia, mind.
    • mrbeer9999
      mrbeer9999
      Basic
      In Soviet Latvia, 2NL grinds you.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GodlikeRoy
      I think you're better off sticking to fewer tables and working on your game. When you are very comfortable with your game and are playing low-mid stakes then SNE will be far easier.
      +1 and goes understated a lot.

Play less to win more!
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Originally posted by GodlikeRoy
      +1 and goes understated a lot.

Play less to win more!
      Move up limits and make it to SNE a little easier?
    • mccol001
      mccol001
      Bronze
      Well rs03rs03 has been grinding out 2NL all year (I think), let's see how he gets on, lol.