Notes on SNG players

• JimmyPap
      JimmyPap
      Bronze
      We all know how important notes are on Cash games and they can be very important in SNGs too.

But what exactly should someone look for to make a note on a player?
      Is it worth it to write almost everything? Like limping or miniraising with big pairs, calling raises with Kx or Ax.. and such things?

It would be awesome to have a small guide to making notes posted :P
  • 5 replies
    • AcessUP
      AcessUP
      Global
      The first thing I look for when im playing at a 9 plyer SNG is how relevant the player's chip size is to the BB

for example, if a player is still at the 1400-1500-ish range and the blinds are at 25/50 or higher, that right there can either tell you two things: one, he's way too tight and is looking for them high pairs, and face cards, or two he's still unsure and is probably in fear.

From there on you need to notice what kind comfrontations he has with the other players.

That's what I do and what works for me.
    • theloniousbones
      theloniousbones
      Bronze
      I think it's key to note everything you can, whether a player is likely to steal/defend blinds, if/when they limp and with what cards, etc. I even note what cards they call a raise with and at what street. Everything I see I note.

I think it's especially important to note the limit you're playing and the blinds at the time the move was made. Many players at the $1/$2 sngs will not pay much attention to the blinds, playing way to aggressively early on and such.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      i only take notes on multitablers (2-tablers included). otherwise i find that note-taking on pokerstars, where you only run into the fishes once in a blue moon, and it's really quite pointless..
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chenny8888
      i only take notes on multitablers (2-tablers included). otherwise i find that note-taking on pokerstars, where you only run into the fishes once in a blue moon, and it's really quite pointless..
      Yea I agree I have taken lots of notes and only one time I had someone with N sign.... Taking notes on multi tabler will be better, and taking notes on someone who you think is doing something weird, like too many steals , raising too many hands or folding too much.
    • gemgem69
      gemgem69
      Bronze
      I like to put notes when I am multi talbing on donks pushing loose at the start any getting lukky. And if there still around when you pick up a hand I look to extract as much as possible.