Community Challenge - $0.02 Hyper-Turbo's

• ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze

The $0.02 Hyper-Turbo Challenge !

We've decided to set-up a Community Challenge that EVERYONE will be able to take part in, no matter what your Bankroll!

The Challenge will be held on PokerStars, so you will need a PokerStars account to join the fun (Click here to sign up)

So, how does it work? Simples! Everyone that wishes to take part will need to play 100 $0.02 NL Hold'em [990, Hyper-Turbo]'s which can be found under Sit & Go > Multi-Table > Micro.
      Once you have completed 100 of these, post your results whether you made a Profit or Loss and we will then put you into your deserved place on a Leaderboard bellow.
      There are no Prizes for this I'm afraid, its all for fun, so please be Honest when posting results!

You can enter as many times as you wish and dominate the top 10 leaderboard spots if you wish, there is also no deadline for completion. Each 100 block must be unique (Using the last 30 of a previous block because you done well + 70 new games doesn't count)

1. Player 1
      2. Player 2
      3. Player 3
      4. Player 4
      5. Player 5
      6. Player 6
      7. Player 7
      8. Player 8
      9. Player 9
      10. Player 10

If you all like the idea, we could turn this into so much more! Spread it about across other Platforms as each has some unique Tourney/SnG styles of their own allowing us to create all sorts of Challenges.
      All Feedback and Suggestions are greatly appreciated, post them here and we'll discuss.

Best of luck!
  • 24 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      I'll give it a go!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      May take me a year to complete 100, but I think I can afford the $2!
    • jleonra
      jleonra
      Bronze
      all right, i'm in :P
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      (Using the last 30 of a previous block because you done well + 70 new games doesn't count)

well i'd prefer like having the hem showing last 100 games for 0.02 buy in, would be way easier to see your result and that way you can try to improve it if you want, anyone agree on this?
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      I won 836$
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      I won 836$
      440 max :f_biggrin:
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by phantommm92
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      (Using the last 30 of a previous block because you done well + 70 new games doesn't count)

well i'd prefer like having the hem showing last 100 games for 0.02 buy in, would be way easier to see your result and that way you can try to improve it if you want, anyone agree on this?
      I think doing it this way would be unfair for everyone, unless you put in some strict rules, for example:
      I play 100 and end up +$1. This gets me the #1 leaderboard spot.
      I then play another but don't cash, now my last 100 is +$0.98, which would get me the #2 leaderboard spot, and so on...

The only way that I can see your way working was if we said "Each block must have 50 new MTT's" or similar?

As for how I'm doing, I've played around 10 and had one cash, finished around 35th for $0.10 :f_biggrin:
    • qnb07
      qnb07
      Bronze
      i know its just for a bit of fun, but playing 100 of these would take FOREVER
      ill give it a go but cant see myself managing anywhere near 100.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      These are Hyper on-demand tournaments though.

They take about 10 minutes to start, and reach ITM in about 30 mins of play.

It pretty much has to be these, because of the low cost, to fire the first community challenge just for fun up.

Remember that we haven't added a timeframe in which it must be done, however. Our HollyMichelle predicts his attempt will finish by mid-2013!

I mean, the full 100 buy-ins is $2, so we're meanwhile not asking most players to play out of BRM.

Regards,
      Richard
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      I'm completely open to any suggestions on how to improve this or any further Community Challenges, keep them coming!

It may seem like 100 is alot but you need to take in the high variance that is included when playing Hyper-Turbos. Despite this, what do you think the amount should be?

I personally don't think they take long at all, within an hour you can get around 5-8 running (Even more at peak times) and as Richard says they take only 30 mins to reach the money!

The idea of the challenges wasn't to make them easy, but a Challenge! Something you'll need to put a bit of effort into ;)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fruktpuff

Our HollyMichelle predicts his attempt will finish by mid-2013!

Once I get started..... I'll plough through it........

Be back with my 100 game result by next erm May!
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Played: 23
      Cashed: 0
      Highest finish: 198

:(
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      this is not a challange its a endurance no its punishment :D
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      my god at least to the 10 cent 360's
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      I love the idea of this the trouble is everyone can afford it but very few will want to do it, and rightly so, the community would rather spend their valuable time learning strategy and grinding on their regular games...just my take on things..you staff must think we have far to much time on our hands :D
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly
      Played: 23
      Cashed: 0
      Highest finish: 198

:(
      I'm around 20 myself, no cashes by bubbled one as best finish :(
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      You guys are probably right, 100 is too many, but despite this we will keep this up for anyone who wishes to give it a go, we we also create a few more in the future, what would you suggest?

You say the $0.10 360's, Play 36? More, less?
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      What kind of ROI's would you even get in these if you played 5000 of them (all though that's pointless), i mean 30bb starting stacks, 3 min blinds, antes off the bat...sounds like a grim game. Nearly all shove/fold.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jonnyjm
      Nearly all shove/fold.
      That's the fun!