This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 JJ Zoom MP2 2nd pair betting for thin value.

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Lets see if this hand converter is better....

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($2.27)
      SB ($1.17)
      BB ($2)
      UTG ($0.82)
      UTG+1 ($4.44)
      MP1 ($3.31)
      Hero (MP2) ($5.07)
      MP3 ($2)
      CO ($2.43)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J, J
      2 folds, MP1 bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, 5 folds

Flop: ($0.15) 5, Q, 7 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.08, MP1 calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.31) 4 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.16, MP1 raises to $0.46, Hero folds

Total pot: $0.63 | Rake: $0.02

3betting pre seems a bit thin so elect to call.

I don't see many Qx missing cbet here so I elect to bet two streets for value vs lower pairs and Flushdraws. Maybe once in a while I run into a slowplayed flush or scared play with Set or something but I think this line should be fine. I'm not too happy checking back turn, giving villain a free card and being bet into on river.

In retrospect, I don't like my bet sizes. I want to bet $0.1 on flop and whatever is applicable on turn.

Anyway, I'm posting this hand because I'm interested what you folks think villain plays this way. Any thoughts?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DaPhunk,

Preflop: While we are even a bit deeper I wouldn't mind to 3bet vs 3xBB open, most likely it's a weaker hand.

As played
      Flop: I would Bet it bigger on the flop and protect our hand, he might smell weakness with the Bet and even could go for Check/Raise with A:hX hand or whatsoever. Of course his play wouldn't make sense, why don't you CB? But it could be possible and to avoid the aggression just show strength and bet ~$0,12.

As played
      Turn: The same goes for here, you most likely showing weakness and therefore his Check/Raising range can be very wide here. With normal sizes most likely the range would be towards nuts mainly and as like A:hK or whatsoever.

Best Regards.