[NL2-NL10] NL2 JJ Zoom MP2 2nd pair betting for thin value.

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Lets see if this hand converter is better....

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($2.27)
      SB ($1.17)
      BB ($2)
      UTG ($0.82)
      UTG+1 ($4.44)
      MP1 ($3.31)
      Hero (MP2) ($5.07)
      MP3 ($2)
      CO ($2.43)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J, J
      2 folds, MP1 bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, 5 folds

Flop: ($0.15) 5, Q, 7 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.08, MP1 calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.31) 4 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.16, MP1 raises to $0.46, Hero folds

Total pot: $0.63 | Rake: $0.02

3betting pre seems a bit thin so elect to call.

I don't see many Qx missing cbet here so I elect to bet two streets for value vs lower pairs and Flushdraws. Maybe once in a while I run into a slowplayed flush or scared play with Set or something but I think this line should be fine. I'm not too happy checking back turn, giving villain a free card and being bet into on river.

In retrospect, I don't like my bet sizes. I want to bet $0.1 on flop and whatever is applicable on turn.

Anyway, I'm posting this hand because I'm interested what you folks think villain plays this way. Any thoughts?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DaPhunk,

Preflop: While we are even a bit deeper I wouldn't mind to 3bet vs 3xBB open, most likely it's a weaker hand.

As played
      Flop: I would Bet it bigger on the flop and protect our hand, he might smell weakness with the Bet and even could go for Check/Raise with A:hX hand or whatsoever. Of course his play wouldn't make sense, why don't you CB? But it could be possible and to avoid the aggression just show strength and bet ~$0,12.

As played
      Turn: The same goes for here, you most likely showing weakness and therefore his Check/Raising range can be very wide here. With normal sizes most likely the range would be towards nuts mainly and as like A:hK or whatsoever.

Best Regards.