This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 zoom AKs. Very marginal call turn?

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($4.14)
      SB ($2.05)
      Hero (BB) ($4.13)
      UTG ($4.62)
      UTG+1 ($1.88)
      MP1 ($2.62)
      MP2 ($1.65)
      MP3 ($1)
      CO ($2)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A
      UTG bets $0.06, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.06, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.19) Q, J, 5 (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.10, MP2 calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.49) 9 (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.35, MP2 raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.70, UTG calls $0.35

River: ($2.59) A (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 bets $0.79 (All-In), Hero folds, UTG calls $0.79

Total pot: $4.17 | Rake: $0.15

Shortstack is 13/9 on 81 hands.
      Fish is 57/43 but I only have 20 hands on him.

Flop I saw two opponents so I called for better implieds.

So I'm reading into the implieds of hitting here of course. I have to hit a T or any Diamond that doesn't pair the board to win. I feel like this is very marginal because I'm not guaranteed to get the fishes stack if a Diamond comes.

I feel the fish is calling every time I call on turn. this makes the pot on turn bigger so I'm effectively putting $0.7 into into $1.89.
      If I hit and I only get the shorties stack I would be winning $2.68 for my $0.7 call when I hit so I'd need 26% pot chance of hitting my hand and this is assuming he brokes every time.

If he only has sets here, I have just 22%..... so wondering if me maybe not getting payed off by the fish on any diamond would make this call -ev.

If the fish is able to call on Diamonds as well as the T, I should be able to make this call nice and +ev.

Slight problem is, If I do hit I'm not sure how to extract the most value. If I shove the villain may even want to fold some two-pairs? probably not bottom set though.

Anyway, not sure If I'll get payed enough for this call to make it good or just marginal spot that could be avoided.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DaPhunk,

Flop: Most likely vs the weak CB size and also weak MP2 flat-call I might even Check/Raise it. Obviously taking the odds ain't wrong cause we are definitely getting the odds to draw.

As played
      Turn: Unfortunately we don't have so good odds anymore. Cause you are in sandwich position and another guy to act who could easily just ship it. I would just fold it here. :(

Best Regards.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      good point, i based my call on the fish always calling and never folding/shoving. It felt like a lot of a stretch to call :(