[NL20-NL50] nl25sh KK with flush on turn vs straight flush

• EnterG
      EnterG
      Bronze
      Everest, $0.15/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 3 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $23.60 (94.4 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $111.62 (446.5 bb)
      SB: $90 (360 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K K
      Hero raises to $0.70, SB calls $0.55, BB folds

Flop: ($1.65) T 9 2 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.55, Hero calls $1.55

Turn: ($4.75) 8 (2 players)
      SB bets $3, Hero calls $3

River: ($10.75) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $9, Hero calls $9

Results: $28.75 pot ($1 rake)
      Final Board: T 9 2 8 5
      Hero mucked K K and lost (-$14.25 net)
      SB showed J 7 and won $27.75 ($13.50 net)

I wonder what will happen if i an A :spade: was shown or i had the nuts flush on the turn.
      I played like this because i was afraid of my opponent had the nuts flush.He showed aggression from the begining.I was close to fold to that river bet.Should i ?

Thanks !
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello EnterG,

Kind of tough decision vs those almost pot size bets. Especially after such a line as betting a bit smaller on the turn and then almost potting on the river. We most likely just beating a bluff there -> his range is pretty much polarized.

So raising is out of question and the only question is if we should be Calling. He has a lot of A hands in his donking range on the flop.

So against what kind of opponent are you against?

Best Regards.
    • EnterG
      EnterG
      Bronze
      Sorry for not posting stats.My opponent was kinda loose but was playing good.We were both playing deep stack nl25 and winning the fishes.

I am still learning HM2 it is new to me.I can t find the hand again to post more details sorry.

And something else.What would i do if I hold the nut flush.I would reraise the river.And then go broke to a shove i think.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      No worries about stat but as you may understand the higher you move the more it is important to know very small details which may affect every single decision. :)

And something else.What would i do if I hold the nut flush.I would reraise the river.And then go broke to a shove i think.

Yeah, unfortunately I would have done it. :D BUT! WHEN IT would come over the top, that would be ugly. Guess then it's even a fold cause QJ/67 are possible and yeah of course J7.