bankroll managment

• 15 replies
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Hey sklavouelos,

I've moved your thread to Beginners Questions - a more relevant forum for your query than the Feedback forums.

With your starting capital you want to start on the $1 Sit & Goes, this applies until your bankroll exceeds $100. And it's always best to play it safe, so don't move up if you feel at all uncomfortable!

For more information on Sit & Go BRM (bankroll management), check out the introductory article.

Hope this helps - let us know if you need anything else!

Best,
    • mrbeer9999
      mrbeer9999
      Basic
      2NL cash games are also fine with a $50 BR.
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      If sngs make sure that rake is ok. Partypoker for example has 20% rake on 1$ and kills your chances pretty much.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Yup they are. In cash games the general BRM is 25 Buy Ins for Micros and small stakes, 40 Buy Ins for mid stakes and 100 Buy Ins for High Stakes. There are some advanced customised ways to calculate BRM too, where you take into consideration your win rate and standard deviation but that comes much later, for now 25 Buy Ins is good.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      I believe OP did ask for suggestions for SNGs specifically though, but thanks to everyone who's chipped in with advice!
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Originally posted by mrbeer9999
      2NL cash games are also fine with a $50 BR.
      I was actually answering this question. :)
    • kruger32
      kruger32
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sklavouelos
      i wanna know which bankroll must do with my first 50 dollars from pokerstrategy quiz.can you tell me wich sng must play?
      If you are building your bankroll, have previous exp and can beat SNGs than : $1 SNG.

If you are learning the game, 0.10 SNG to 0.50 SNGs would be great for your bankroll; if your poker room has it; eg. iPoker. You can have a losing streak of 200+ games and still have half your bankroll with 10c games!

Anyway, go with the minimum amount you can find.
    • mrbeer9999
      mrbeer9999
      Basic
      Originally posted by fruktpuff
      I believe OP did ask for suggestions for SNGs specifically though, but thanks to everyone who's chipped in with advice!
      I don't like to listen before giving advice. My need to feel good about myself trumps other people's need to acquire relevant information.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      Originally posted by mrbeer9999
      I don't like to listen before giving advice. My need to feel good about myself trumps other people's need to acquire relevant information.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi mrbeer9999,

No it doesn't here, please make a valiant attempt to keep to the topic in question.
      OP is new and is asking for advice on an important issue for him and your positive input is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mal.
    • Bunn3yB0y
      Bunn3yB0y
      Bronze
      lol.
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      :heart:
    • mrbeer9999
      mrbeer9999
      Basic
      I thought it was obvious I was being facetious, perhaps I should have decorated my post with piscine smilies to help clue everyone in.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      No; what you should have done is help a new player out, otherwise you're just being facetious [your words], which is not only puerile it's unhelpful, unprofessional and only serves your personal satisfaction - making it irrelevant at best. Therefore, I would ask you to please desist in the beginners forum.

Please assist or not, but don't try to be too clever for the people on here - we already have 'professional' trolls - and they will eat you.

Also, our new players need help and I have no doubt your sharp mind has much information hidden away they could use.

I don't know you but it makes me feel good to help beginners, you never know where they end up! :D

Regards and my post stands on its merit,

Mal.
    • mrbeer9999
      mrbeer9999
      Basic
      Originally posted by gadget51
      No; what you should have done is help a new player out,
      I did; I read a post asking about bank roll limits and let them know that their current balance was also sufficient to allow playing 2NL cash.