HonzaCZE

• HonzaCZE
      HonzaCZE
      Bronze
      Hello,

I am from Czech community. We have some great courses, but i want to try also this one :) In this thread I will post my homeworks, hands, achievements, failures etc.

Now something about me:

My real name is Honza (=Jan) and I'm 21. I live in the Czech republic in the middle of europe. (Do U know where is it? Lots of people don't know X( ) . I study economy at one of our university - economy is one of my hobbies. I also like my bike, swimming and my girlfriend Markéta. And fo course - I love poker. Poker is passion for me. I played live poker before, but now, when I found pokerstrategy, I like online poker more. Now I play on Everest poker (NL5-NL10) but i want to play NL25 and NL50 soon :) :s_cool:

See you later :) :f_cool:
  • 7 replies
    • HonzaCZE
      HonzaCZE
      Bronze
      Hello again,

today i read articles from Lesson 1. Some of them i have already read before but i read them again. However fourth article i read firstly and I already made a plan of playing and studying. I also saw video by hasenbrateg - GREAT! Coaching I will see tommorow (podcast probably), but i did my homework today. Here are answers:

Homework:
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      Answer: well, my motivation is mainly that i wanna be good in some sport and poker is sport in my opinion. Secondly poker is great fun. As is said, poker is passion. Next reason, why I play this game is that i would like to travel a lot and poker can be ''instrument'' to make it easier. And of course - money :D

And motivation for this course? All what I wrote previously and extra one: I'd like to get my english better. I listen to the british radio, i read books in english and I also wanna do this english course :) :s_grin:

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      Answer: I think I am good pre-flop but my post flop game is not good. For example I have so big WTSH percentage. Next problem is that I play so much and dont study. But i made a plan today, so this weakness can disappear, i hope :f_cool:

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      Answer: well, Tight aggressive...We play as Tag because it is advantageous. Main advantage is that we play only few good starting hands so that means that we dont have VPIP 70 :D Of course we have it less than 20, me for example about 12. We are getting money from loose players, maniacs, fish because they play more combiantions and we have advantage with thinner range. We have better equity. Also it is easier for us to steal blinds because our table image is better. Players who plays with as think we have good cards often. That are my words, not definition

tommorow I will see the first coaching and I will see the first video again because of better remembering.

good night :s_cool:
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      no money in everest, everyone solid :f_cry:

i play NL5 SH at everest :D going to move my bankroll to stars sometime next month though for ZOOM!
      good luck :D
    • HonzaCZE
      HonzaCZE
      Bronze
      Hi Tomaloc,

NL5 is pretty fishy on Full ring on Everest. NL10 is more tight but i think i can win here if i will study more. Also here I can get more Summit points. I am now on Camp I level and on NL10 i wanna go to Camp II soon ;) :f_cool:

I also tried ZOOM poker but i dont like it. It's better to play 15 normal cash game tables than ZOOM on stars for me.

Good luck :s_grin:
    • HonzaCZE
      HonzaCZE
      Bronze
      Hello,

today i am going to fast review lesson 1 and look at lesson 2. I would also like to participate on coaching with ''veriz'' called NL Special.

See you evening with my second homework :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Yes, in fact I know Czech republic and where it is. Nowadays it's very easy, if you don't even know you just open maps.google.com. :D But do you know where is Estonia? :D

Studying a very important role in poker, especially if you are playing rather lower stakes. How else you can improve your game if you don't even take a look at your leaks. You just continue doing them over and over again. Therefore you have to set-up some kind of ratio like 50/50 or even 60/40;70/30 for studying as some are doing in the beginning.

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed by posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

What about tilt? Do you adjust something against it? For example:
      Easiest way to fight against tilt is to set up stop-loss technique. Which means if you for example have lost more than 3BIs for a session then you just stop the session for some time. The BI amount is set up from your own results. Some may put it higher, some lower. Also after the stop you can spend some time with evaluation part to become better.

Tight style is usually called playing selected hands. Like following the Starting Hand Chart. Aggressive should be also pretty clear that already the word says how you should be playing. But the problem playing aggressively is that you have to watch that you don't play too aggressive. Find good spots, find good targets. About The tight-aggressive strategy you can read in this article: "What is the Big Stack Strategy?"

Hopefully you will enjoy the Course.
    • HonzaCZE
      HonzaCZE
      Bronze
      Hello,

I am here again. I didn't play poker for some weeks, because I was so busy. Now I am back. It is great feeling when I can play again.

From last lesson I know I should study more. So I do. I try to read more articles, watch more videos (more times, making notes...) etc.

I also want to do Lesson 2 so here is my second homework.

HOMEWORK 2

Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?
      Answer:
      :club: First I think I couldn't play QQ in all situations. Before I was going to be all in with Queens, but now I am able to fold them pre-flop when I see in HUD that player is very tight.
      :club: Secondly I think I can steal blinds more. For example I can steal with one-gap connectors, sometimes two-gaps. Other players will fold it often
      :club: Thirdly there big difference between AQ,AJ and AT. I don't like AQ but i don't like AT more. I play them carefully so that can bring me some money.

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.
      Answer: Hand Evaluation - here

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.
      Answer: The equity is about 46%

to veriz: I also know where is Estonia ;) Thank you for your advices :f_grin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done! Great to have you back. :)

Totally agree with you about the stealing ranges. Against specific opponents we adjust, either wider range or tighter range. Against some shorties you can even steal with smaller raise, for example 3xBB. But don't overdo the stealing situations. Sometimes you might just put yourself into too many difficult spots if opening with marginal hands. As for example stealing too many hands from SB and being out of position.

Other plan of yours are pretty good and well build up. Just try to expand the knowledge and try to understand when for example you are capable of going broke with QQ and when not. When the hand as AT is even strong and when not. Try to play around with equilab. :)

About Question #3:

Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    46.32%  37.92%   8.41% { AKo }
      UTG+1  53.68%  45.27%   8.41% { 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo }

Estonia is a small country, good that people still know where it is. :D

Hopefully you enjoy the Course so far.