SB pushing ATC all the time

• petersveter
      petersveter
      Bronze
      Hi, i have a reg in my games which is pushing ATC from the SB every single tim it gets downt to 10 BB. He might be a bot or smthng cause hes got a ROi of 0 % in 25 k tournaments and hes doing terrible mistakes...

If you had this piece of information, would you sit in front of him, or would u just try to avoid him, because you will be getting into close all in spots? =)
  • 4 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, man!

Try to avoid sitting exactly on the guy's left(BvB). I won't try to avoid him in my games though as weak as he is.

The thing is that if you have fish on your right, he's not gonna put pressure so much on your blinds, he will give you walks through out the whole game. Where as vs this guy shoving any 2 cards, the only thing you can do is adjust your calling range properly. But still, you can't gain a huge edge imo making close calls.
    • savage1981
      savage1981
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kurrkabin
      But still, you can't gain a huge edge imo making close calls.
      The thing is, some of the calls won't even be close. For example 9 handed at t150 with everyone having 10 BB a call in BB with JTo against a SB who's on any 2 will make you loads of money.
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      True, but still, even in this scenario, we have to fold more than 50% of hands and this is an example with no risk aversion. I mean, yes- if we know for sure he shoves 100% hands all the time and we adjust properly, we can still make money. But I think, in general, trying to avoid him on our right in a favor to a fish or tight player will benefit us more ITLR.
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Just as there are spite calls which hurt both the pusher and the caller, there are spite pushes which hurt the pusher and the players acting afterwards. Incorrect pushes from the small blind often don't help the big blind.

Even if you can call, you will often prefer to get a walk, and you strongly prefer the walk when you can't call. It usually helps you a lot to have an overly tight player on your right.