[NL20-NL50] NL 10 river 2nd pair

• asimos
      asimos
      Coach
      Coach
      iPoker - £0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Villain is 24/54/Afq:18, fold to 3bet 67%(2/3) over 60 hands.
      What about river?

SB: £10.05
      BB: £27.14
      UTG: £10.55
      MP: £8.49
      CO: £10.50
      Hero (BTN): £12.56

SB posts SB £0.05, BB posts BB £0.10

Pre Flop: (£0.15) Hero has T:spade: K:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to £0.30, Hero raises to £0.80, fold, fold, CO calls £0.50

Flop: (£1.75, 2 players) 2:spade: 8:diamond: K:diamond:
      CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: (£1.75, 2 players) 7:heart:
      CO bets £1.00, Hero calls £1.00

River: (£3.75, 2 players) A:heart:
      CO bets £2.50, fold
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello asimos,

Preflop: At least make a bigger 3bet than so small which practically tells that you have a weak hand. :) But why do you 3bet in first place vs an opponent who seems to be rather folding the 3bets vs you and most likely all the dominated hands mainly. Not that I am saying it's very bad to get image but not huge fan of doing with such a hand nor with the raise size.

As played
      Postflop: CB the flop as you would have done it also with bluffs. :) Protect your hand. as you turn your hand into bluff-catcher then yeah, just should be responsible for your own play. :P He has a very passive image, why do you even Check behind?

Best Regards.
    • asimos
      asimos
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello asimos,

Preflop: At least make a bigger 3bet than so small which practically tells that you have a weak hand. :)

I 3bet with all of my 3bet range this size bc Villain folds a lot, so bc most of my 3bets are bluffs and Villain doesn't seem to adapt (not necessarily this one but generally the players at this stake) I decrease the amount (harrington in his book about 6max cash games suggests a size x2.5 for 3bets :f_cry: )).

But why do you 3bet in first place vs an opponent who seems to be rather folding the 3bets vs you and most likely all the dominated hands mainly. Not that I am saying it's very bad to get image but not huge fan of doing with such a hand nor with the raise size.

I don't like to flat with KTo vs CO, I don't expect him to open many worse Kxs (except K9s)

As played
      Postflop: CB the flop as you would have done it also with bluffs. :) Protect your hand. as you turn your hand into bluff-catcher then yeah, just should be responsible for your own play. :P He has a very passive image, why do you even Check behind?
      Bc I don't Know Villain's oop pre flop calling range I want to keep the pot small. If I bet I think it would be mainly for protection (is there much value?), but protection from hands that have 2-3 outs for the turn (only Axs/99-TT, JJ). I don't expect Villain to bluff me after my check (at least for 2 streets) bc he is passive either.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I 3bet with all of my 3bet range this size bc Villain folds a lot, so bc most of my 3bets are bluffs and Villain doesn't seem to adapt

So practically by that you mean you are giving the villain an option to Call with any stronger hands which he raises with. Cause with any PP he can easily set-mine against you, with any stronger broadways if you have a huge 3betting value he can Call against you. Or either of course he can make a really cheap 4bet vs you and you fold the hand.

If you have KK/AA, you almost always invite him along and if you have an overpair then most likely also going broke with it, so he didn't make a mistake but you did while giving him even Call20 rule for set mining. Right here even almost 22:1.

So you are also telling that he folds his 3bet a lot, you just have 60 hands on the guy, what made you think that? Plus what's your 3betting frequency, like 15-20% that it has to be such amount?

Bc I don't Know Villain's oop pre flop calling range I want to keep the pot small. If I bet I think it would be mainly for protection (is there much value?),

That's true, but what would you do with your bluff here? Lets say AQ hand? Would you also Check behind?

but protection from hands that have 2-3 outs for the turn (only Axs/99-TT, JJ). I don't expect Villain to bluff me after my check (at least for 2 streets) bc he is passive either.

Why only 2-3 outs? Wouldn't say only 2-3 outs. Cause he could also have something like 89s/backdoors which he can donk and hit the river. Just your line is very easy to read when you Checking such a board while it's a great board to CB and you would do it almost with all your bluffing range.

River is a fold, especially as you said he is a passive player but as I said I would like myself rather Bet the flop as I would do with my bluffs as well and then we could induce him to bluff or hero-call with weaker PPs on the river if he Checks the turn & river. While he could be floating still with those PPs.