This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AA NL20 6max

• swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      Hi.

Played this hand today and was wondering if anyone could share their thoughts. Villain is 19/16 reg with 22% WTS and af of 1.3.

The question is, do I overplay my hand here?

First things first, I know my squeeze should be bigger, like $3. When he calls my flop be I think he can have AK, KQ, QTs, JJ, 66, and KJ. If I put him on this range, what are my options on turn? AK and JJ are less likely as I think he would possibly 3 bet these pre. (his three bet is 4%)

Cassava Poker $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1734867
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $45.98
      UTG: $24.89
      CO: $20.20
      BTN: $9.70
      SB: $9.80

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is BB with A :heart: A :diamond:
      UTG raises to $0.60, CO calls $0.60, 1 fold, SB calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.50, UTG calls $1.90, CO calls $1.90, 1 fold

Flop: ($8.10) 6 :heart: K :club: J :spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $4.85, UTG folds, CO calls $4.85

Turn: ($17.80) 4 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $13.35, CO calls $12.85 all in

River: ($43.50) 3 :heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello swanny36,

Preflop: I would definitely raise it bigger preflop at least $3-3,60. :)

As played
      Postflop: What do you think what's CO calling range preflop and on such a flop/preflop? I wouldn't really see such a nit have a lot worse than PPs. Cause anything like AKo wouldn't make sense for him to play this way for multiway pot unless he has a very bad reg.

For example on the turn we are break-even if we add some combos of AK into his range:

Board: 6:heart: K:club: J:spade:  4:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    32.58%  32.58%   0.00% { AdAh }
      UTG+1  67.42%  67.42%   0.00% { JJ, 66, AKs, AsKd, AsKh }

We need ~31% equity. I didn't add all AKo cause we can't be sure if he even plays all of them. So yeah, ship it if you think he can have a lot worse hands in his range.

I doubt ever that he is flatting with QTs/KQ vs UTG while being so nit.

Best Regards.
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      Yeah that's pretty much what I said. So do we check fold turn?

Thanks, Euan.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by swanny36
      Yeah that's pretty much what I said. So do we check fold turn?

Thanks, Euan.
      Guess it's really important to have the feeling yourself. I doubt that you are able to Check/Fold the turn so easily but that's true that vs such nits we might consider doing that cause I wouldn't really expect him to Bet there ever worse than AK. -> Not many AKo hands in his range even.

But as you see from the calculations we ain't making a mistake if we expect him also to have a AK type of hand in his range. What would be good to know here would be W$SD and if he is a winning reg. Cause losing regs are more likely to have a lot AKs in their range there and maybe even KQs. :D
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      Thanks Veriz that's great :)

Euan.
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hey ..
      come on guys!

Are you serious? This guy is calling utg range his range is much wider + with your uber bad sizing and his position he can call a LOT ...

He has deffo KQ, AK in his range ... this is easy stack off ... don't be so scared :X

He's not 3betting UTG range with these like EVER.... argh ~~ so nitty ...

Cya