[NL20-NL50] AA NL20 6max

• swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      Hi.

Played this hand today and was wondering if anyone could share their thoughts. Villain is 19/16 reg with 22% WTS and af of 1.3.

The question is, do I overplay my hand here?

First things first, I know my squeeze should be bigger, like $3. When he calls my flop be I think he can have AK, KQ, QTs, JJ, 66, and KJ. If I put him on this range, what are my options on turn? AK and JJ are less likely as I think he would possibly 3 bet these pre. (his three bet is 4%)

Cassava Poker $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1734867
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $45.98
      UTG: $24.89
      CO: $20.20
      BTN: $9.70
      SB: $9.80

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is BB with A :heart: A :diamond:
      UTG raises to $0.60, CO calls $0.60, 1 fold, SB calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.50, UTG calls $1.90, CO calls $1.90, 1 fold

Flop: ($8.10) 6 :heart: K :club: J :spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $4.85, UTG folds, CO calls $4.85

Turn: ($17.80) 4 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $13.35, CO calls $12.85 all in

River: ($43.50) 3 :heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello swanny36,

Preflop: I would definitely raise it bigger preflop at least $3-3,60. :)

As played
      Postflop: What do you think what's CO calling range preflop and on such a flop/preflop? I wouldn't really see such a nit have a lot worse than PPs. Cause anything like AKo wouldn't make sense for him to play this way for multiway pot unless he has a very bad reg.

For example on the turn we are break-even if we add some combos of AK into his range:

Board: 6:heart: K:club: J:spade:  4:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    32.58%  32.58%   0.00% { AdAh }
      UTG+1  67.42%  67.42%   0.00% { JJ, 66, AKs, AsKd, AsKh }

We need ~31% equity. I didn't add all AKo cause we can't be sure if he even plays all of them. So yeah, ship it if you think he can have a lot worse hands in his range.

I doubt ever that he is flatting with QTs/KQ vs UTG while being so nit.

Best Regards.
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      Yeah that's pretty much what I said. So do we check fold turn?

Thanks, Euan.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by swanny36
      Yeah that's pretty much what I said. So do we check fold turn?

Thanks, Euan.
      Guess it's really important to have the feeling yourself. I doubt that you are able to Check/Fold the turn so easily but that's true that vs such nits we might consider doing that cause I wouldn't really expect him to Bet there ever worse than AK. -> Not many AKo hands in his range even.

But as you see from the calculations we ain't making a mistake if we expect him also to have a AK type of hand in his range. What would be good to know here would be W$SD and if he is a winning reg. Cause losing regs are more likely to have a lot AKs in their range there and maybe even KQs. :D
    • swanny36
      swanny36
      Bronze
      Thanks Veriz that's great :)

Euan.
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hey ..
      come on guys!

Are you serious? This guy is calling utg range his range is much wider + with your uber bad sizing and his position he can call a LOT ...

He has deffo KQ, AK in his range ... this is easy stack off ... don't be so scared :X

He's not 3betting UTG range with these like EVER.... argh ~~ so nitty ...

Cya