bad habit or curiosity

• dprisecaru
      dprisecaru
      Bronze
      I have this bad habit kind of thing or maybe it is just curiosity if I am right or not
      What is this exactly let's make up a scenario:
      so i have AK and i raise big and get called so far so good lets say an A comes up 10 and 8
      Ok! I raise and get called let's say the turn is a 2 again I raise and get called and the river BAM! a 7 so I raise again and my oponent goes all in and so I think to myself
      "You have to be kidding me he has 9J"
      I am 100% sure but still I call to my surprise that is what my oponent has .

Scenarios like this always hapen and I always make that dumb call just to see if I guesed right or I just call telling myself no one would just call like that unless he's brainless

Anyone else did/does this ? ?(
  • 6 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dprisecaru

Fish does
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS

Fish does
      I used to. Then I stopped. You should too.
    • bazfresh
      bazfresh
      Bronze
      curiosity killed the cat
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jbpatzer
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS

Fish does
      I used to. Then I stopped. You should too.
      Everyone was a fish at some point
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      I have this bad habit kind of thing or maybe it is just curiosity if I am right or not
      so i have AK and i raise big and get called so far so good lets say an A comes up 10 and 8
      Ok! I raise and get called let's say the turn is a 2 again I raise and get called and the river BAM! a 7 so I raise again and my oponent goes all in and so I think to myself

Scenarios like this always hapen and I always make that dumb call just to see if I guesed right or I just call telling myself no one would just call like that unless he's brainless

Hey there,

what you should do in these situations depends on the opponent's hand ranges, which depends on the limit you are playing and of course the opponent himself. In order to know what to do in such situations, you should learn about poker via videos, articles, coachings and conversations with other players, as well as observe your opponents.

There are certain behavioural patterns in poker (you can classify players as nits, tags, lags, loose passive fish...), which can help you in these situations.

There is no general answer to your question - what you should do in these situations is usually different from one situation to another.

I suggest posting some hands in the Hand evaluation forums, where hand judges can help you with each individual hand.

Best regards,

-SF
    • L3ST
      L3ST
      Bronze

I think you mean bet. If you raise you're playing it bad.
      Usually when you bet 3 streets with TPTK and the opponent keeps calling and shoves the river, you're beat.
      It's not like he couldn't have you beat with AT, A8, T8 on the flop or any other two pair on turn/river. Your hand is weak, keep the pot small!