MP1: $16 (32 bb)
      MP2: $58.45 (116.9 bb)
      MP3: $46.52 (93 bb)
      Hero (CO): $62.90 (125.8 bb)
      BTN: $68.23 (136.5 bb)
      SB: $47.25 (94.5 bb)
      BB: $51.71 (103.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K 9
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0.50, Hero raises to $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, 2 folds, MP3 calls $1

Flop: ($5.25) 9 T 4 (3 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $4, BTN calls $4, MP3 folds

Turn: ($13.25) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $8, Hero calls $8

River: ($29.25) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $16, Hero folds

Villain is decent reg, 18/12/4.9 AF=4. I had just taken won a pot at showdown with A6 after 4 betting preflop and I think he was a little tilted by that hand.

Should I bet-fold the turn? QJ just hit and he is the type of player who could try and represent that and shove with spades, plus him being a little on edge... If I get raised I have to fold. Is my call ok when he bets that much? I could still have the best hand if he was floating spades and my line looks like an overpair so he may check behind if he has spades and does not hit the river.

If I make my flush the plan is to donk the river, question is how much?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello circoflax,

Preflop: There is a limper so I would also raise it to $2. :P 3xBB+1xBB is usual raise from CO for me at least. Or any specific reason picking such an amount?
      Postflop: Yeah, I would definitely go for 2nd barrel there and might even protect your hand, difficult to turn our hand into bluff-catcher and then even face exactly such cards on the river or even a blank which we can't call.

Best Regards.
    • circoflax
      circoflax
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

Preflop: There is a limper so I would also raise it to $2. :P 3xBB+1xBB is usual raise from CO for me at least. Or any specific reason picking such an amount?
      That was a missclick, tables are overlapping on my screen and another table was covering the limper. I just bet my usual amount from CO and only then saw the limper :) Hand faster than the eye :)
      I would usually bet 2 or 2.25 in that spot.

I have seen some videos of TwiceT where he raises 3.5xBB even with a limper in the pot. What do you think about that? Especially if they limp-call a lot, I tend to raise more with premium and high cards and less when just isolating with speculative hands, the fish don't really pay attention to that. Should I worry about regs behind noticing this? Sometimes it seems that I only get 3bet when I iso fish with AJo making it 5-6BB and can't call 3bet there. 4bet bluff in a spot like that seems a bad option too, don't think a good reg would be 3bet-folding when I open big after 2 limping stations...

Other than this, no other question, will try to bet-fold more in such a spot and keep aggression on.