• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players -

Hero (CO): $25.00 -
      BTN: $36.50 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 17, 3B: 10, AF: 3.3, Hands: 393

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with T :diamond: Q :club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.75, BTN calls $0.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.85) 2 :heart: Q :heart: 4 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, BTN raises to $3.50, Hero calls $2.30

Turn: ($8.85) 9 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $6.50, Hero calls $6.50

River: ($21.85) 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $25.75, Hero calls $14.25 all in

Villain fold vs F cbet 36%, aggression high.

He is representing a set for value and I don't really expect him to raise better Q's for value (it is very rare to see this at my limit imo).

So, if I limit his range to 6 value combos I should be able to put in his range more draws/air hands to justify the calldown.

Is this too much for NL 25? I'd usually fold but against a guy like this I thought that it would be too weak to fold TP on such board.

Plan was to calldown on nonheart/A T/R.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

The problem is still that we can't be sure that he is barreling off like that. I might rather just 3bet the flop and protect my hand or either if you even play this way then Check/Shove the turn for protection from draws.

He might easily just Check behind the river if he ain't hitting. And obviously the play there mainly depends on the dynamics, difficult to say against we are there. For example what about Flatting range?

Best Regards.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      So you would prefer 3betting flop/get it in to protect vs his draws (against we are prolly flipping) and put all the money in vs his sets and also force out his bluffs ?

Don't really see any advantage in doing this, we still end up loosing our stack vs sets, vs draws I loose less because I fold if they hit, and I keep the bluffs in his range (at least there is the chance he will bluff, by 3betting there is none).

The only advantage would be that we don't get bluffed by air if he continues to represent on hearts/A but still we don't loose any more to flushes as well.

And what flatting range are you referring to?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      So you would prefer 3betting flop/get it in to protect vs his draws (against we are prolly flipping) and put all the money in vs his sets and also force out his bluffs ?

I wouldn't say that I would prefer doing that over any other line but we should also answer ourselves if the guy is capable of continuing with worse to bet again. Cause it wouldn't make sense to Bet/Call it and then just let him have a free card which he gets with the raise -> mistake for us.

Don't really see any advantage in doing this, we still end up loosing our stack vs sets, vs draws I loose less because I fold if they hit, and I keep the bluffs in his range (at least there is the chance he will bluff, by 3betting there is none).

See above, you are giving him the opportunity to Check behind with any draw he has or if he wants he can consider 2-3 barreling with very good scare-cards which would be ugly for us to Call.

And what flatting range are you referring to?

Call Open in the HUD if you are using for example HEM.