Analyse this!

• 10 replies
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      First of all: You won about 50 Dollars ^^

Your actual winnings are higher then your expected winnings, what means that you are running good.
      The blue graph would be interesting, which tells you how good you are running in relation to the red one ( expected winnings). But it´s no samplesize, so play more hands. :D
      If the graph goes down you put in your money with worse hands.
      I suggest that you post hands in the sample hands forum.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • ratex
      ratex
      Bronze
      Hummm I see... But I have lots to learn yet.
      Take a look at this (now I thing a have a decent sample size)
      What do you thin...? It's bad isn't?

I faced a "1 month downswing" in this sample...

Another question, How can I put this blue line in the graph??

• ratex
      ratex
      Bronze
      Another graph...

X(

• ratex
      ratex
      Bronze
      nobody??
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      it means you're winning in showdown pots, but losing in non-showdown ones, but the blue line being different from the red is really only an indicator of playing style, not luck. I don't think anyone really knows what the graphs mean, but if you have time to kill, search for posts by "lori" on 2p2, he's explained several times what they mean (more or less)
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      red line: expected winnings, calculated by the percentage of the equity you had
      green line: actual winnings
      blue line: showdown winnings, calculated bye the actual percantage of the equity you where able to use. If you do not Valuebet enough this graph is under the red one. If you get suck outed after you where all-in with the better hand this graph is under the red one.
      just examples.

correct me swiss, if i am wrong.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TribunCaesar
      red line: expected winnings, calculated by the percentage of the equity you had
      that's the theory. but in practice, it can't really calculate accurately, since you don't always know your opponent's cards. Say you bet a hand like top pair and your opponent calls you down, and you end up folding when the river completes his likely draw, it'll count as non-showdown losses, and not as "bad luck" since you were ahead and got outdrawn, but didn't actually "see" it.

The only accurate graph is the all-in luck one, since you'll always know your opponent's cards (meaning it can calculate equity every time)
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      indeed, and that's such a small amount of luck it's not even worth analysing
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Silver
      If you do not Valuebet enough this graph is under the red one.

so you're saying I don't valuebet enough playing sss? Interesting theory!
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      :| ... blue vs red is just your expected winnings versus your actual winnings. if you really don't valuebet enough, the red will be below 0, but the difference between blue and red will still be the same (here we're assuming luck remains constant)