This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 AK in 3b pot!

• Rogbey
      Rogbey
      Bronze
      Villain steals from button 52%, fld to 3b 50%, fld to CB in 3b pot is 48% and bet IP v missed turn CB is 92%. So with these stats I presume shoving the turn is +ev or is this too high variance?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($26.97)
      BB ($43.22)
      CO ($6.29)
      BTN ($20.60)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: K:diamond:

fold, BTN raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $2, fold, BTN calls $1.40

FLOP ($4.20) 5:club: 9:spade: 3:spade:

Hero bets $2.20, BTN calls $2.20

TURN ($8.60) 5:club: 9:spade: 3:spade: 7:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $4, Hero folds

BTN wins $8.17
  • 3 replies
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Bronze
      I don't understand why shove the turn?

On the turn I think you can bet/fold and the bet doesn't have to be too big since it would scare off many hands anyway. With a bet on the flop you represent a flush or a very high flush draw or an overpair. With a check you show you are giving up. If you have done this many times, C-Bet flop and give up turn then he might even be exploiting you a little (the bet IP v missed CB stat could prove the same but you need a big enough sample size for that).

When you bet turn he will only continue if he has a flush or a flush draw and give up the rest, if he calls turn you can give up on the river.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Rogbey,

Shoving wouldn't make sense, cause you would never have done it with strong made hand, just representing a bluff or semi-bluff like A:sX. If to do anything at all then it should be 2nd barrel and fold to a raise or give it up on the river dependent how we see the opponent.

If you just CB the flop and Check/Fold the turn then rather just Check/Fold the flop right away.

Best Regards.
    • Rogbey
      Rogbey
      Bronze
      Ok thanks Veriz. I think I might be cbetting a bit much in 3b pots will have to look at ideal flops to bet and not to bet.