Known players:
      SB:
      $50.00
      BB:
      $50.25
      (Hero):
      $50.00

Preflop: Hero is MP with J, J.
      UTG raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($3.75) 7, 6, 2 (2 players)
      UTG bets $2.69, Hero calls $2.69.

Turn: ($9.13) 5 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $5.00, UTG calls $5.00.

River: ($19.13) 5 (2 players)
      UTG bets $13.70, Hero raises to $40.81(All-In), UTG folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $32.83.

Villain stats: 13/9 - 34 hands

Pre: I decided to just flat here. I don't have much info on this guy but his early stats suggest tightness and he is opening from utg.

Flop: Pretty standard I think. No point raising here.

Turn: Easy value bet when he checks here, some people will x/c turn with QQ+ but most will fire a second barrel. Villain tanked here for a while before checking, he called reasonably quickly. When he calls the bet I expect him to have something like A:spade: x:spade: or a one pair hand that I have beat.

River: Villain tanks for a bit then donks out. My first thought was this is a fish line and is never strong, hence I jammed, he folded.

Should I just call river here? JJ is going to be good very often. I do make this sort of play with air from time to time, but usually against nitty regs that I have more stats on. Am I just value towning myself against QQ+? Does he ever call with TT-88 or A7?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think he would never really going to call 88-TT or 7x hands. You´re ahead there so often that it should be very easy call. If you want you can make min-raise to get crying calls from worse overpairs, but mostly I think he is not that strong and would also fold to min-raise.

Only reason to shove would be to fold out QQ-AA, but since he would not take that line his overpairs too often I think call would be generally better.

best regards,