25NL Downswing

• mccol001
      mccol001
      Bronze
      Hey, so I've been grinding my bankroll up from $100, been crushing 2NL, 5NL, 10NL, like breakeven on 16NL over not many hands but everytime I try 25NL I get absoultely crushed, I'm pretty sure I am playing the same game, not tilting or anything, I do feel as if I have been running bad in 25NL but this is unreal. Like 20BIs down now...

Anyone else had any problems with 25NL or moving up etc? How to deal with it? I got like 2 BI's left before I gotta move back down to 10NL...
  • 7 replies
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      NL25 is a fkkn dumphole and I'm not the only one who thinks that. It's where the fish are getting aggressive so you can never tell what they have. Horrible beats and humiliation. Try to take it, raise a roll for NL50 and never go back.
    • SwordsDrawn
      SwordsDrawn
      Bronze
      NL25 is a fkkn dumphole and I'm not the only one who thinks that. It's where the fish are getting aggressive so you can never tell what they have. Horrible beats and humiliation. Try to take it, raise a roll for NL50 and never go back.

None of what you just said makes any sense whatsoever. On nl50 players will become even more aggressive and their ranges will become wider and it will be even tougher to pin point exact ranges.

As for what the thread creator asked: first of all it's really hard for us to tell you anything without some kind of information (graphs, bb/100h etc.). Also you should give us the sample size of those BI's lost. Usually when people move up those limits they have many leaks that they are not even aware of so you should definitely try to analyze your own hands or post the ones you are not sure about in the forums.
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      oops
    • mccol001
      mccol001
      Bronze
      25NL Stats Analysis is link to my stats etc...

I just can't seem to win at all at 25NL, like I've not even had an hour where I'm up... This is one of the biggest downswings I've had in terms of buyins and is the biggest downswing I had in $$ since playing cash games.

Well I've played 25NL for like 3-4 days in total I think. The first session was like a 20 hour session and went horribly lost around 20 BIs or something, tried it again few days later and just got destroyed for like 3-5 BIs then played again this morning and got destroyed for 3-5 BIs... Can't seem to win at all. ;/
    • SwordsDrawn
      SwordsDrawn
      Bronze
      You really should be following this "unwritten rule" where when you are down more than 10 BI's you just take a break or the whole day off regardless if those were bad beats or bad plays. I find it hard to believe, given that it's quite a big limit for you, that it didn't affect you psychologically.
    • mccol001
      mccol001
      Bronze
      Yeah I know, I should have stopped the session early but I was feeling fine, I didn't check my graph or anything at the time so had no idea I had lost so much but I knew it wasn't going well.

TBH the money lost didn't affect me so much because I had final tabled a MTT the night before so the majority of money lost from 25NL was profits from the MTT so it wasn't so bad. :) But now after like 4-5 sessions where I have just got destroyed, I dunno what to do, I'm thinking about starting to play SNGs again lol.