Gawdammit.

• esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze

This is just pissing me off now. BE for over 10k hands, cant do shit. Every time I have a made hand of any kind that flush card comes on the river. Havent hit a set in weeks, even straights and flushes are rare. Close to packing cashgames in.
  • 11 replies
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Good idea, try PLO hyper turbo sngs, no breaking even there!
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fuzzyfish
      Good idea, try PLO hyper turbo sngs
      loldonkaments. On a side note im actually winning very decently at PLOSH cash
    • thanhthao85
      thanhthao85
      Bronze
      U call this is a downswings ?
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Your running above ev and breakeven for 10k hands and whine? I wonder how the thread when you run bad is going to look like
    • Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Gold
      No offence, but I think you definately need to look at your game.
    • tolari
      tolari
      Black
      weeks? work on volume ;d 10k hands is NOTHING.

Poker is fluctuation, there are up&downs and BE periods that happen to players of every level.

We don't have that much influence on our money results in short term ( yes 20k is short term, its 1 week of play on zoom e.g.) as we would like to have. So just instead of wasting energy, time(money) and worsening your mental state stop giving a f*** how you run.

The sooner you will accept the reality which is that you won't win every session, that you might get and if you are playing long enough you probably will get a 100-150k run bad or even worse. If you take it as a fact and think over every decision separately it will be much easier for you to endure these periods.

Play on stakes you can afford to run bad and if your EVwinrate is good enough you won't get broke. So good BRM and constant improvement of game.

Stop looking to cashier every 10 minutes or after every big hand, just focus on good decisions, not feeding your ego or the fact you just got a bad beated last 3 hands in a row by some aggro donk.

gl@tables
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tolari
      weeks? work on volume ;d 10k hands is NOTHING.
      Thats only my BE stretch. Normally can do 2k/day or about 12k/week (i usually take a random day off) but ive had a fair amount of uni work recently so volume goes to shit.

The rest of your post was a solid read though, cheers.
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Millsyuk
      No offence, but I think you definately need to look at your game.
      Why? I dislike posts like this, because you criticise, but not constructively. It would be really nice if you could say where to look at exactly, and why.
    • L3ST
      L3ST
      Bronze
      You're running good now. Wait 'till you start running bad, that will be quite a ride.
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by L3ST
      You're running good now. Wait 'till you start running bad, that will be quite a ride.
      Indeed.. 22bb/100 and whines :o
    • sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      yep - its nothing to worry about. your winning.

I've been BE for 60k now (including 1st downswing)