Cant handle it !!

• tino87
      tino87
      Bronze
      there i was today playing a $33 tourney on stars there were 402 entrants i was down to last 70 and im positioned 48th and i then get dealt AA , blinds are 250/500 so i min raise to 1000 everyone fold but the BB who calls flp comes 8 10 10 im thinking i must be ahead so i bet 1500 he calls, i only have 4.5K left and decide to shove when the turn is a 3 and obviously he calls and shows A10 hitting trips, i go mental as i have lost QQ 5x in a row to AK today then i lose this and im out of tourney i had spent the last 3 hours playing.
      Anyway rant over my point being this seems to always happen in tourneys the Bigger stack always beats the small stacks when there miles behind pre flop and knock them out.
      I hate to say it but it has to be set up it just happens way too often for it to be by chance, going to take a break from the game to clear my head as im not good at taking bad beats let alone the number ive had today!!

Also i have recently bought Pokertracker but the hud doesnt come up on stars only on partypoker it just keeps saying i need to configure the stars hud but i dont know what that means as it works fine on party.

Last thing i want to start playing more live i love in south east and looking for mid to high stake stourney to play in anyone know of any good ones about.

Cheers
  • 14 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      that's a problem
    • L3ST
      L3ST
      Bronze
      You should have folded preflop.
    • Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by L3ST

+1. You shouldn't be playing that garbage anyway! :coolface:
    • L3ST
      L3ST
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ghartman
      Originally posted by L3ST

+1. You shouldn't be playing that garbage anyway! :coolface:
      It just takes a huge amount of skill to butcher a hand like that on every street.
    • TilTmuch
      TilTmuch
      Global
      u say bigstack always win vs small ones.
      have u ever wondered how they got big stakcs? they are obv luckboxing that day so u can't win no matter how u play :/
    • Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      Were your aces both red? Never play them if they are both red!
    • TilTmuch
      TilTmuch
      Global
      no, dont play black aces :D i myself just fold pre all aces red or black
    • Aerox232
      Aerox232
      Bronze
      I am dirty nit, playing only 54o :f_biggrin:
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      hehe. min raise AA from early position. how cute
    • Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      My problem with AA is I always shout "SNAP!"
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Gold
      Just to bring some sanity back to this thread.

Badbeats are the norm in poker, they happen all the time.

Mtts are especially swingy and also of course annoyng and frustrating because as you said, you play for a long time, think you are going to make some cash then suddenly, whoops the poker gods crush you.

Unfortunately there is no way round these beats, there is no unseen force directing the cards, no rigging, its just the way it goes and you can only be successful in mtts once you accept that you are going to get these situations all the time and that ultimately you will lose more mtts than you win.

My advice is, if you cant handle bad beats, dont play poker.

If you can reconcile the fact that badbeats are good, learn to embrace them rather than freak over them, you will play better poker with fewer moments of tilt.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Originally posted by rhinoneil

Badbeats are the norm in poker, they happen all the time.

Mtts are especially swingy and also of course annoyng and frustrating because as you said, you play for a long time, think you are going to make some cash then suddenly, whoops the poker gods crush you.

Unfortunately there is no way round these beats, there is no unseen force directing the cards, no rigging, its just the way it goes and you can only be successful in mtts once you accept that you are going to get these situations all the time and that ultimately you will lose more mtts than you win.

My advice is, if you cant handle bad beats, dont play poker.

If you can reconcile the fact that badbeats are good, learn to embrace them rather than freak over them, you will play better poker with fewer moments of tilt.
      It's nice to see these posts.
    • tino87
      tino87
      Bronze
      yeh your right i guess but its hard to take at the time and for a little while after kinda cool off after a while and get back to playing the way i know i can and forget the bad beats.
      feel free to follow my blog tino UK blog just started it up today
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rhinoneil
      Why?

You want sanity, go make a sane thread somewhere else you sane dude you...