DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 3 players -

SB: $25.35 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 12, 3B: 5, AF: 4.3, Hands: 178
      Hero (BB): $25.00 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 19, 3B: 7, AF: 4.7, Hands: 144791
      BTN: $56.02 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 15, 3B: 5, AF: 3.9, Hands: 372

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with 8 :club: 8 :heart:
      BTN raises to $0.62, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.37

Flop: ($1.34) 2 :heart: 5 :spade: T :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.84, Hero calls $0.84

Turn: ($3.02) 2 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.75, Hero calls $1.75

River: ($6.52) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $8.00, Hero calls $8

I see my opponent as being very polarized on the river. I don't see him betting this way with Tx or JJ+ because I'm representing at much Tx so I'd expect him to bet smaller when going for some value against my weak range.

Doesn't make sense for him to have something like the overnuts (2x,TT,55) because I don't have overpairs in my range so he is not getting value from anything.

Can he be one level above my thinking here and bets weak because "I know he knows that I know that he knows" stuff ?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

What about CB flop/turn/river? What made you think that he is bluffing there? Of course his range is polarized but I wouldn't be surprised if he bets Tx/JJ+ this way. Why not? Tx is easy value-bet cause you don't have JJ+ in your range, nor 2x. ;)

You are representing rather a weaker range like weaker PPs with your range.

Best Regards.
    • asimos
      asimos
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

What about CB flop/turn/river? What made you think that he is bluffing there? Of course his range is polarized but I wouldn't be surprised if he bets Tx/JJ+ this way. Why not? Tx is easy value-bet cause you don't have JJ+ in your range, nor 2x. ;)

You are representing rather a weaker range like weaker PPs with your range.

Best Regards.
      So, when should we fold here, turn or river?
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      I'm not putting Tx/JJ+ in his range because of his betting size, doesn't make sense to play it like that against a weak range like mine imo
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hey man,

actually I like his sizing VMCH esp for JJ+,55,TT range ...
      not really sure about Tx, it depends what reads he has on you ...

However, about the sizing why is it SO +EV to overbet with strong range here?

Because you NEVER fold Tx here and don't tell me you would ... He doesn't have to be Einstein to overbet for max value ... You will always be like "Hmmm, he's not representing much hmmm, many draws missed, hmm ... he's bluffing" - "shit Aces :'((( I just hit top of his range, doesn't matter" ... :f_biggrin:

You have either draws/calling range which DOESN'T change due the sizing at all!
      This is the very best time for overbet ... :)

The only thing is your pps ... Still I think you will much likely bluffcatch this sizing then something like 1/2 ...

Yeye, I really like his play here tbh I'm playing my strong range the very same way against somehow regish players ... So much more value ... :) )

Cya think about it! :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      So, when should we fold here, turn or river?

Wouldn't say turn is a fold, if he is CBetting like a maniac I would still Call it down on the turn and then reevaluate the river, although there most likely without any good reason for a Call and expectations that he is capable of bluffing this way I wouldn't be calling.