Sss

• Aingles
      Aingles
      Bronze
      Hi everbody,

I have just read the article which is an introduction to the SSS . On that article it says that I should start playing at NL10 . Does that mean, I shouldn't apply the SSS to NL2 , or any limit below NL10 ?

Thanks for the help :)
  • 14 replies
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      If you want to play a short stack strategy, then of course apply it to whatever level you play.
    • Aingles
      Aingles
      Bronze
      But as I said before , it doesn't mention playing SSS at NL2 . So I was wondering if I should or should not be playing that strategy at that limit ?(
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      Depends on your bankroll, pal.
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      what are you confused about ?????/

If you know bss and can afford it, reload for the full amount at NL2. If you like sss and can live with more people calling you down and multi way pots because of your short stack at that level, then play sss ????

Pretty much it is up to you and what you can afford.
    • Aingles
      Aingles
      Bronze
      what got me confused , is that , in the article , it says that I should start playing at NL10 , and it doesn't mention that i could also play this strategy at NL2 .
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      The limit doesn't matter mate.

Let's say you need 50 buy-ins to play SSS profitably (I don't know what the amount is, let's say it's 50).

If I remember correctly you need to have 40bb in front of you at the table if you want to play SSS (not sure about this either, consult the strategy articles).

If you have $50 then you have to start at NL2, where you will sit with at the table with 40bb=$0.8. When you get to $100 in your balance, you can play NL5 (sit at the table with 40bb=$2, $2 x 50= $100). Once you have $200, you can play NL10 (sit at the table with $4, $4 x 50 = $200).

Clear?

EDIT: 40bb not 20bb
      EDIT2: When to move up to NL5
    • Aingles
      Aingles
      Bronze
      Yeah I've got it know . Thank you for your help :)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Thanks guys :)

What Poker Room are you playing at then Aingles?

Regards,
      Gary
    • Aingles
      Aingles
      Bronze
      Right know I am playing at Paddy Power Poker and Poker770 , but I only play Sit and Go's there. I am thinking about moving to Poker stars , where I have already made my first deposit and and I want to clear my bonus . This the reason for trying to learn how to play cash games . But why do you ask ?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Just wondering as most sites don't allow buying in for 20 BBs which is what SS is all about.
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Aingles
      Right know I am playing at Paddy Power Poker and Poker770 , but I only play Sit and Go's there. I am thinking about moving to Poker stars , where I have already made my first deposit and and I want to clear my bonus . This the reason for trying to learn how to play cash games . But why do you ask ?

Imho go for One-table Full-Ring SNGs. They are easier to learn, more rewarding and better for clearing of bonuses (it will happen quicker). First go for all SNG strategy articles you can access and then watch some strategy videos. I recommend Chenny888, lessthanthree, Phzon as video producers that will help you grasp the basics and take you to new levels of skill.

After you've built your bankroll with SNGs, try cash games out.

EDIT: There you go pal, there's some videos you could start with. http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/#contenttype=0&gametype=7&tablesize=1&languages=en&levels=bronze&lowerlimit=0&upperlimit=15&ob=date&od=desc&page=1&rpp=10
    • Aingles
      Aingles
      Bronze
      I will certainly take that into account :) but if I do start playing cash games , would anybody recomend to start to use Hold'em Manager ?
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      I'd recommend HEM for any game you'll be playing, including SNGs. This will help you monitor your results, review your games for mistakes and interesting spots that you're not sure of, and most importantly, help you to profile your opponents and shape your in-game decisions accordingly.

Best,
      Matt
    • Aingles
      Aingles
      Bronze
      I´ll try setting it up then . Thanks for all of your help :)