Mtt Sng

• Aingles
      Aingles
      Bronze
      Hi everybody,

I have read most of the articles in the Sit and Go Tournamente strategy section , and at this moment, I am quite familiar to all the strategies and charts mentioned in that section . What I have been thinking about is , if I could aplly theese strategies and charts , to the MTT SNG , such as the 27man , 45man and so on ... Any help and opinions are gratefully welcome :)
  • 5 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, Aingles!

Good to see you in our strategy forums!

As for question- I don't think this is a good idea. MT SnGs differ from STTs a lot and we need to take a different approach, therefore push/fold charts and general strategy will change.

I will leave you in good hands here in our tournament section, where you can find useful advice for the strategy needed to succeed!

Cheers!
    • Aingles
      Aingles
      Bronze
      Ok then , thank you for your help . As it has been moved to a different section , can anyone here help me and tell me what type of approach I could take ?
    • rupucis2
      rupucis2
      Bronze
      You should look into "Your Poker Blogs" section for players, who play these kind of mtt sng`s. You may gain some info there.

About strategy. As I know, there is no optimal strategy for these kinds of mtt sng`s at this moment. At least I never saw a section meant for this in poker strategy web portals, or some kind of books about this matter.

In my opinion, it`s actually not that different from mtt tourney strategy, with few differences. (thats for 45players + sng`s)
    • Aingles
      Aingles
      Bronze
      Thanks for your help rupucis2 and I will certainly take a look at that section :)
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Hi Aingles and welcome to the tournament discussion forum!

MTSNG's are very similar to MTT's in most parts. Main difference is that they are even more focussed on ICM. So ICM is a basic that you should know about well.

If you think about focussing on MTSNG's I would suggest the tournament articles. You can find them here. Furthermore there are a couple of good videos on MTSNG's.

Videos for 45men: Klick
      Videos for 180men: Klick
      More MTSNG videos: Klick

MTSNG's are also part of the weekly MTT coachings taking place on mondays. at 7pm. You may find further information on our coaching schedule here.

Hope that helps. If you have further questions feel free to ask.

Regards,
      Asaban