[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL 25 KQ IP float turn + river shove ?

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1737932
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $15.50 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 23, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 30
      CO: $21.47 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 13, 3B: 0, AF: 0.5, Hands: 39
      Hero (BTN):
      SB: $45.86 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 19, 3B: 11, AF: 3.3, Hands: 188
      BB: $27.79 - VPIP: 9, PFR: 6, 3B: 0, AF: 1.0, Hands: 35

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with K :club: Q :club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.62, SB raises to $2.25, 1 fold, Hero calls $1.63

Flop: ($4.75) 6 :diamond: 8 :club: 3 :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $2.75, Hero calls $2.75

Turn: ($10.25) J :heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $6.20, SB calls $6.20

River: ($22.65) 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $16.21, SB folds

What am I representing in this case? In the hand decided that I represent sets/2pairs/slowplayed AA/KK, enough to justify a river shove and attack his weak range.

What do you think about flatting 3bets pre with low pockets if I plan on doing moves like this vs guys that 3bet wide? I keep their ranges wide, stack them sometimes when I hit and can attack their weak preflop range IP.
  • 3 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      hey man,

do you really call 66,88,33 on 3bet on BTN ?:O i think like never eva therefore not sure why do you think it's in your perceived range? :)

The play is well ... It's doable I'd like to know more about my opp. though :) We're not sure if he doesn't play this way his top range ~~ ... it's quite guessing game for me ... => meh for me

I think that low pps are much better to 4b/c | 4b/c depends on opp ... Yee now you've catched nice board, however most of the tim you will have to c/f ... deffo -ev... playability close to 0 ..

cya
    • flekozub
      flekozub
      Bronze
      [quote][i]
      What am I representing in this case? In the hand decided that I represent sets/2pairs/slowplayed AA/KK, enough to justify a river shove and attack his weak range.[/quote]You are representing what you said, but what do you think he's check/calling ott that he folds otr? That call looks really strong to me. 9 is nice river card to bluff as it removes most of you bluffing range so your perceived range is strong (in my eyes).

What do you think about flatting 3bets pre with low pockets if I plan on doing moves like this vs guys that 3bet wide? I keep their ranges wide, stack them sometimes when I hit and can attack their weak preflop range IP.
      You won't payoff your set often enough to make it profitable as wider his range is, less often he will flop something like TP to stack him.
      If you have solid reads about his postflop game then it's fine, but playing fit or fold in 3b pots is leak.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

It would work for weak players. Good players would snapcall you every time with TT.
      Not sure if I even like to float there with KQs. Unless he has some JT type hand, you´re not really ahead and to call flop putting yourself situation where you have to call/shove on K, Q, clubs is likely not the best option. I would sometimes raise there 6$ which I would do with likely any overpair to fold out better Ax hands than float and see myself situation where I have to either make moves or have to shove after hitting my flushdraw.

best regards,