MP3: $3.85 (38.5 bb)
      Hero (CO): $19.78 (197.8 bb)
      MP1: $11.30 (113 bb)
      UTG+1: $12.53 (125.3 bb)

UTG+2: $11.12 (111.2 bb)
      MP2: $3.39 (33.9 bb)
      BTN: $3.15 (31.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A 3
      UTG+1 calls $0.10, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, 2 folds, BB checks

Flop: ($0.55) 5 J A (5 players)
      BB checks, UTG+1 bets $0.30, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.14, BB folds, UTG+1 calls $0.84

Turn: ($2.83) 4 (2 players)
      UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.83) 9 (2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $1, Hero calls $1

-----------------------------------------------------
      Name / Hands
      VPIP / PFR / AF / WTSD
      CB Flop / CB Turn / Fold to CB Flop / Fold to CB Turn
      Steal / Fold BB to steal / 3bet / Fold to 3bet / 4bet
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Oly0909,

Flop: Doesn't really make sense to raise the flop while you just making worse hands to fold and better ones continue. Just value-towning yourself.

As played
      Turn: If you raised the flop for value then why do you skip a bet here?

As played
      River: What do you expect to beat? :)

Best Regards.
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      With his postflop aggression I expect him to bet with all kind of crap so I raised him mostly as a bluff, and if he calls with some kind of crap I still have som kind of backup with my TP. Whan he did called I stopped bluffing and give up, but his bet on river is only 1/3, like he has something he want to see showdown with, but he doesn't really want to bet it, and aggain because of his big VPIP and postflop aggression I thought he could do it with small A but also with Jx or pp like TT or something. Against 18/15 or tighter with same postflop aggression I would play flop the same, but if called, I'm folding river without thinking, but this guy is playing aggressively every 3rd hand. I don't think he can have TP or better that often.
      Is this all wrong?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      why do you want to turn your hand into a bluff?
      i mean you could do it with something like 7:h6 but you do have reasonable showdown value here. so if he's betting trash why not call down, let him barrel?

i wouldn't really rely a lot on AF either unless you've seen him doing some moves or whatever. his other stats seem more like fit-fold loose-passive.
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      Hello Tomaloc,

1) I don't make pure bluffs in unraised pots like that with 67s, and I consider TP with small A as crap in 5 way unraised pot, so with crap he could still be in front of me, and I don't want to pay 3 streets of value to find that out. When I raise he will either fold or slowdown and we'll play for smaller pot.

2) I rely on AF much more because of his way of playing. He plays 32% so it's more than 35 hands semple, and fold to Cbet is 75%, so I guess it's probably 4 hands sample, and this is not raised pot.

Best regards!
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Oly0909
      1) I don't make pure bluffs in unraised pots like that with 67s, and I consider TP with small A as crap in 5 way unraised pot, so with crap he could still be in front of me, and I don't want to pay 3 streets of value to find that out. When I raise he will either fold or slowdown and we'll play for smaller pot.
      with 6:h7 you still have some backdoors for some kind of nuts.
      but well that's right :D i also think that bluffing in unraised pots really sucks. but that's what you did there... :f_mad: you really just want to fold out better. or do you expect him to fold AT and call JT?

about smaller pot... really? let's try to figure out something:
      as played... pot on river is 28,3BB, and that with the assumption that he will always shut down.
      if we call flop... let's say he fires a 70% bet on the turn (looks like it could easily be lower). pot will be (5,5+3+3)*2,4 = 27,6BB.
      and you can always fold later anyway if you don't expect him to 2barrel/3barrel worse.

i'd prefer to just let go on the flop, or on the turn at most. as you've said, TPNK is most often not good enough in multiway pot, so...
      top pair with ace-rag is a really tricky bluffcatcher, at least you're IP. but not something you want to play often ;(

2) I rely on AF much more because of his way of playing. He plays 32% so it's more than 35 hands semple, and fold to Cbet is 75%, so I guess it's probably 4 hands sample, and this is not raised pot.
      i prefer to rely on general observations whenever possible... a showdown hand is gold. something like "hu oop donk 1/2 middle pair Q-rags flop turn vs pfa" is great info.
      has he been stabbing nearly every pot, and what did he show for it? does he seem to give clues with his betsizing?

i have to admit that i'm a bit biased against AF. i've had it many times, "so this guy has 2 AF. what the hell am i supposed to make of it?"
      the guy in this hand had "only" 3.8 AF, but way more important to play against him was that he "stabs hard with trash".
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      With his postflop aggression I expect him to bet with all kind of crap so I raised him mostly as a bluff, and if he calls with some kind of crap I still have som kind of backup with my TP. Whan he did called I stopped bluffing and give up, but his bet on river is only 1/3, like he has something he want to see showdown with, but he doesn't really want to bet it, and aggain because of his big VPIP and postflop aggression I thought he could do it with small A but also with Jx or pp like TT or something. Against 18/15 or tighter with same postflop aggression I would play flop the same, but if called, I'm folding river without thinking, but this guy is playing aggressively every 3rd hand. I don't think he can have TP or better that often.
      Is this all wrong?
      Turning TP-Ace into bluff, yes.