MP1 ($5.05)
      MP2 ($14.86)
      MP3 ($7.57)
      CO ($5)
      BTN ($3.82)
      SB ($1.95)
      Hero (BB) ($5)

Pre-Flop: ($0.07, 9 players) Hero is BB A:club: J:heart:
      6 folds, BTN raises to $0.15, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.65, BTN calls $0.50

Flop: 10:club: K:diamond: K:club: ($1.32, 2 players)
      Hero cbet?
      8/4/14steal/52h
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello nipbourne,

Against such a nit most likely I wouldn't be CBetting. He will usually have PPs in his 3bet-calling range there.

But what you should rather be asking why do you 3bet in first place vs him, what's the purpose of the 3bet?

Best Regards.
    • nipbourne
      nipbourne
      Bronze
      But what you should rather be asking why do you 3bet in first place vs him, what's the purpose of the 3bet?

because i'm automatically 3betting AJ/KQ when BB vs BTN...if the opponent is loose,i'm 3betting for value.if the opponent is tight,i'm 3betting to bluff.is this a leak? :baby:

Against such a nit most likely I wouldn't be CBetting. He will usually have PPs in his 3bet-calling range there.

if he could call 3bet with all of the pps,why not to cb?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      because i'm automatically 3betting AJ/KQ when BB vs BTN...if the opponent is loose,i'm 3betting for value.if the opponent is tight,i'm 3betting to bluff.is this a leak?

Wouldn't say a leak but definitely a line which you have to fix and realize when is it a good spot to 3bet for value and as bluff and where it might even be better just to flat and play postflop and keep his range wide.

if he could call 3bet with all of the pps,why not to cb?

Because you don't have a made hand? You don't have fold equity? Only reason why I would consider doing a CB there is cause we have backdoor FD+GS and maybe even overcards and maximum would be 1/2 pot size.
    • nipbourne
      nipbourne
      Bronze
      Wouldn't say a leak but definitely a line which you have to fix and realize when is it a good spot to 3bet for value and as bluff and where it might even be better just to flat and play postflop and keep his range wide.

so against this kind of nit,it's better to just flat PF?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by nipbourne

so against this kind of nit,it's better to just flat PF?
      Nah, I am not saying that. He is still rather unknown to us so we can't be sure of the guy. Neither I don't even mind 3betting if you expect to have enough of fold equity or try to find out how he adjusts.