hi all

• decypher
      decypher
      Bronze
      im new to the forum but have been playing poker for 2 years now, i couldnt believe how helpful pokerstrategy is!!

i have had a couple of good tourney wins (not huge money) but never been good at ring games.... i hope to use poker as a second income and am looking forward to the next 6 month to see how i get on.

speak soon
  • 10 replies
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      Groovy. :D

Hopefully you can make a second income, I am arkham. :f_eek:

Feel free to ask me anything.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hello decypher and welcome to our community!

Yes this community is very helpful, there is little you will want ot need, to know about poker that you won't be offered help with from our members here.

So, you've been playing about 2 years in tourneys? Is that your target, to become expert at that variant, or will you attempt to improve your ring game?

Will you try the quiz for the free bankroll money? I should think you will do fine at it without too much trouble. :)

So, if you need to know anything else just ask ok?

Very best regards meanwhile,

Mal.
    • pswyatt
      pswyatt
      Bronze
      Hey decypher,

Welcome to our community, great to have you with us! :)

Have you made any progress with the $50 starting capital? If you're thinking of taking the quiz of course! ;)

Best of luck,
      Darren
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi decypher

Welcome to the community!

You say you've never been good at cash games. Maybe it's a good idea to start with the No Limit Beginners Course (link below). It will help you to improve your cash game. It's always nice to be able to play more then just tournaments or cash games.

Best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet
    • decypher
      decypher
      Bronze
      hi again thanks for all the replys... i am hoping to improve in the ring game aspect, i have applied for the £50 but waiting for it to go into the account. i have available funds and am playing in various poker rooms, which one is the best for mirco ring games (currently playing in poker stars and party poker) i hope i meet up with you soon in a room.

thanks again
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi decypher

We have a thread that is deticated to find the perfect poker room for you.

Just go to this thread, go to the first post, read the instructions and reply. With your answers someone will find a poker room that suits you! That thread helped me a great deal when I was looking for a new room!

RasTweet
    • decypher
      decypher
      Bronze
      just had my first $10 and played around with .01/.02 on poker770... im not to worried about loosing $10 to gain experience on a new room platform, ive played 400 hands and still even but have learnt alot about the room tempos and the beginner rooms.... i assume ive gained enough rake to get the next $10? as soon as ive played about 2000 hands i'll probably take the deposit bonus and play hard for a few months...

i'll let you know how i get on :-)
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi decypher

We can't really say how much you payed in rake or tournament fees. But you can check that for yourself!
      For every dollar of rake or tournament fees you pay on poker770 you get 5 points on PokerStrategy.com. So if you have more then 2.5 StrategyPoints, you've payed more then $0,5 in rake and you will get the next $10!

Best of luck!

RasTweet
    • MarkQuick
      MarkQuick
      Bronze
      Hi decypher,

I've sent you a new CS ticket with an update regarding your Poker770 account. Please click here to access your ticket.

Cheers,

Mark.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hello and welcome to pokerstrategy.com forum.......Good luck and run good :)

Roo