SnG: Am I lucky?

• Xeonz123
      Xeonz123
      Bronze
      This weekend i decided to start to play Sit and Gos for the first time, I've played NL2 and NL5 Cash and Nl10 and Succesful in Nl2 And NL5 and wanted to see how Sit and gos are. First off i decided to read every white and bronze article to get some simple strategy. I started playing over this weekend using the Pokerstattegy.com strategy with the hand chart and Blind steals and resteal charts and i've played in 33 tournements comming first 11 times is this a heater? Or is the play that bad? I find it relatively easy to come at least 3rd by folding all the way :f_biggrin: , By the way this is at 1.50 NL 6 Max. Heater or Strategy?
  • 6 replies
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      Not enough games to make a concise statement. Play the same amount everyday for a week and you'll then see if you are a naturalist at SNG or you were just getting lucky in certain situations.

I'm just saying that 33 games isn't reliable enough to make any closing statements. But congratulations on coming in 1st place 11 times out of 33 though, that's pretty impressive!
    • RDKNAUF91
      RDKNAUF91
      Bronze
      You need atleast more than 100 games to make that statement :)
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      I've moved your thread to SnG discussion.

Regards,
      Richard
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, guys!

@ Xeonz123

Lol, man, 11 first places out of 33 SnG! Must be nice! Now, as the other players here suggested, we can make big conclusions and whatever we say might mislead you. However, from my own experience, I would say that this is a heater. That doesn't mean that I underestimate your skills or ps charts/articles. However, even if you are the best player in your games, you most probably won't be finishing first out of 3 games on a big sample.

You started it doing it right. That's how I kicked off as well. Every article, every single video in here will be helpful for you and sure good enough to help you beat the micros. I will also suggest that you start posting hands in our evaluation forums as this has helped me and many others a lot. Basically, your game will do nothing but improve if you check the spots you are unsure about. Here is a link: Click

Also, if you post even one hand in our SnG/MTT evaluation forums this week, you will have the chance of getting 1 hour private coaching session with one of our top coaches/hand evaluator - Chenny888.

Imo, that should be a great opportunity for everybody as you don't get the chance to learn from the best everyday free of charge.

Good luck. Cheers!
    • BCNPOL
      BCNPOL
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RDKNAUF91
      You need atleast more than 100 games to make that statement :)
      i would say 1000...
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      1k is really small, guys! It all depends on blind/pay out structure/type of SnG, but I would go for 3k+ at least to get a somewhat ok feeling about my game/win rate. The bigger sample you have, the better.