Lots of short stacks

• Jagter
      Jagter
      Bronze
      Hi

I've registered on the site and started playing about 3 days ago. My problem is that Titan poker is full of pokerstrategy.com beginners, so no matter what table I pick, within minutes it's full of short stack players playing the same
      strategy that we are taught here. It's quite frustrating, everyone buying in with $2.00 and then playing the same strategy.

One good thing that came out of it is that it's quite clear that it's hard to extract any money from someone playing the short stack strat.

Does anyone have experience with the other sites, is there somewhere where the tables are full of big stack players that play badly?

Thanks
  • 12 replies
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      I played NL10SSS on pokerstars, then I was often the onlyone at the table.
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      Yep titan is full of shortstackers, but there are maaaaaany NL10 tables so you can pick some nice. Also are you complaining about shortstackers while u are actualy playing shortstack too :D ?
      Also maaaaany SSS players on titan don't have half the patience it need so they go like allin reraise with AT or other Alow
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      It's pretty much the same with Party. PokerStrategy is way too famous it seems. :P
    • Jagter
      Jagter
      Bronze
      "Also are you complaining about shortstackers while u are actualy playing shortstack too ?"

lol. Damn shortstackers.
    • tehChipDonk
      tehChipDonk
      Bronze
      if you think about it, if you play loose, you can counter sss-ers....
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      I currently play on Full-Tilt poker. There are not a lot of SSS players there, let's say some tables have two or three 5$ stacks sitting there, but most just one, and there's a lot of BS. Of course not even all of those with small stacks are playing SSS. BUT almost all the players on Full-Tilt are quite tight, even the BS, so you have to play very strict, and play your free plays well. Also, it becomes easy to steal in late position thanks to your very tight table image, so you have to use that, too. At the beginning, I was really losing, but now, I'm breaking even, and if I didn't have some very stupid leaks, I'd be winning.
    • alexthebluff
      alexthebluff
      Bronze
      i find that full tilt is very tight as well.
      i prefer it to the other sites i have used previously for sure.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      You say titan is full of sss players? Open 2-4 tables and just watch. I bet knowone will find people playin to Pokerstrategy's SSS. I play NL10 alot on titan, and yes theres alot of short stacks. But they're often stations, and have no clue how to play with a short stack. I can only recall seeing one regular leaving when he has doubled up, or got the required stack. A PS SSS player isn't loosing EV by playing other short stacks playing as loose as they do. Be thankfull your not playing BSS and loosing all that EV.

Instead of moaning adapt your play to suit. Steal in late position. This works well, even on NL5-NL10.

Big stacks give the short stacks no credit at all. I myself dont change my game to a great extent against short stacks, because they simply dont play it properly.

If you play SSS correct on titan I could see it making quite alot of money, due to the fact the opponents wont know how to play against you on this limit.

Stiev
    • gemgem69
      gemgem69
      Bronze
      playing with other short stacks doesn't help tho does it. The ideal situation for ss is to be surrounded by big stacks. Even if they are not SSS players and just bad short stacks it still takes your SSS edge away right?
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      No, I dont see how it does. The SS on titan play the same as BS, and as a SS you can always stack off everyone.
    • Jagter
      Jagter
      Bronze
      cannell555: I think I will take up your suggestion of trying some blind steals.

Thanks
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Yeh i think its a good idea, if someone is a calling station though, be carefull. You only want to steal from the tighter players. As I stated before, anyone not stealing on even the micro limits is loosing money.

Goodluck!!
      Stiev