[NL2-NL10] NL5 zoom, bluffing on board with 4 clubs

• Hopey
      This is a hand of zoom poker I played today. The SB was an unknown.

Some of my thinking

Pre flop, I feel that raising from BU with a small pocket pair is fairly standard. When he 3bets I decided to call due to our stack sizes, I felt that I could effectively set mine in this situation or outplay him due to having position on him.

The flop

I decided to float on the flop as on that flop I feel that he can conti-bet pretty much his whole range (I may be wrong here). What I find also tends to happen a lot on flops of the same colour is that the villain will fire on the flop OOP and then give up on the turn if they meet resistance (again this may be an unprofitable line to take).

The Turn

The flop brings me a flush (which is almost worthless if I get taken to showdown as its 4 high) and maintains the mono-colour board. He lead out into me here and I felt that either he was doing this with something near the nuts or a hand that would look weak under pressure, therefore I decided to raise. I felt that if I raised then the villain would be forced to fold a large portion of his range that includedsome small flushes and a lot of Ax hands.

Is this line correct and long run profitable? If he reshoved is it an insta-fold?

Finally on the turn I had his range as including a lot of Ax hands and maybe some pocket pairs. Is this something you would agree with or is it likely to have been a lot broader than that?

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      (Hero) = ($11.73)
      SB = ($27.98)
      BB = ($16.17)

Preflop: Hero is with 4 :club: , 4 :diamond: .
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, SB raises to $0.45, BB folds, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.95) 8 :club: , 5 :club: , A :club:( 2 players)
      SB bets $0.65, Hero calls $0.65.

Turn: ($2.25) 7 :club:( 2 players)
      SB bets $1.60, Hero raises to $4.80, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Hopey,

Would you ever raise with nuts on the turn? :) I doubt so -> therefore don't really like it.

I would just leave the pot alone on the flop and let him have it.

Best Regards.