2NL 10k hands in one day.

• Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      Hello Everyone, recently i challanged myself to play 10k hands of 2NL in one day, i succeded by playing 6 tables of zoom 4 6max and 2 9max tables.

But by the end of the day i was down 2 buyins :( so very very depressing :(

How do i deal with this?
  • 11 replies
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      play 4 tables to optimize decision making. rinse and repeat.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      are you a solid winner? if so try again! :f_biggrin:

if you aren't then cut down on the number of tables and... post "interesting" hands for evaluation.
      you may be autopiloting too much, and if your game is not solid enough you'll just end up like breaking even ;(
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      Well atm 2NL I'm up about 30 buyins over a total of about 50k hands.

I think I am a winning player at 2NL but after that big breakeven streak It makes me wonder.

I think it was mainly breakeven because I was playing 4-6 tables of zoom for about 10 hours total that day and the amount of people playing the zoom table i was on was ranging from 250-850, being more between 250-350 for atleast 6 hours of the time tho.

I find that the mroe people are on the Zoom table the more chance i have of winning, but that being said there is never over 500 people on for very long so even if i cranked MAX volume for the whole time its at 500+ people i'd probs only get in 1-2k hands :(

Also i've found it's ALOT harder to get huge volums not playing zoom because to get the same amount of volume i'd have to be playing 12+ tables, and not so much that it would be too fast, but having so many tables and spread over my entire screen is a bit mind boggling, also having to colse and open new tables when the amount of people is getting low, and i know i cant do this in zoom but also when i see a table full of 10-20VPIP i normally have to close it and find one with atleast one fish with 30-50+ VPIP so that cuts into my focus a little.

Lol! just realised what a wall of text i just wrote, sorry if no1 can be bothered reading it.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      well, yes. on zoom we have like what, 300+hands/hour per table? that's more than 3x a "normal" SH table...

anyway it looks that you're way too worried about volume. i've been there, 12-tabling NL2 and breaking even back on FTP, then later trying to 4-table NL5 rush... since then i've changed my mindset.
      i'm currently mostly playing at most "only" 4 SH tables on everest, and when i move my roll to stars (in a few weeks according to plan) i don't plan to play more than 2 zoom tables...

that probably results in a bit too low volume but nowadays i only worry about whether i playgood really.
    • booomm
      booomm
      Bronze
      why do you want to play such a big volume anyway ?
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      Is zoom really that wonderful, just play your reg tables and see what happens.
    • mrbeer9999
      mrbeer9999
      Basic
      I've done 10K hands in a day, 18 tabling 2NL. It's an interesting thing to do for the challenge but probably not good for your poker skills because you basically play like a complete nitbot. Or I did anyway.

How did you play 6 tables of Zoom? I thought it only goes up to 4 tables?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mrbeer9999
      How did you play 6 tables of Zoom? I thought it only goes up to 4 tables?
      Originally posted by Vip3rNZ
      i succeded by playing 6 tables of zoom 4 6max and 2 9max tables.
      i think he means "6 zoom tables, of which four were 6max and two were 9max"...
    • mrbeer9999
      mrbeer9999
      Basic
      Thanks Toma, my comprehension skills were in fact up to parsing that sentence, I was merely expressing my surprise as I was under the impression that 4 Zoom tables was an absolute maximum.
    • lanshan75
      lanshan75
      Basic
      I am totally agree with what you said,but my English is poor, sometiomes I don't know how to express my feeling,I just want to make some friends who can help me in my English and share the happiness with each other.
      Bronze
      Hi Vip3rNZ

I find it fun to open 8 tables (I play on 888poker and the max is 8 tables) from time to time. Just to see a lot of action, not to make a lot profit.

I don't think playing 10K hands in a day on NL2 is the most profitable thing you can do. There is so much more easy value in NL2! There are a lot of mass multi table nits on NL2, but I wonder what their win rate is and how long it takes for them to move up.

There is however an other problem! When you mass "multi table" like that you won't be paying much attention to your opponents and you won't learn a lot during the period that you are playing. When you play on Nl2 your goal should be to learn a lot of new stuff and prepare to move up those limits! If you don't learn anything because you play to many tables then you'll loose all your money again on higher limits and you'll be forced to move down again.

Best of luck moving up the limits!!

RasTweet