delux sng blog

• luxdelux
      luxdelux
      Bronze
      Hello from Estonia!

My name is Oskar and I play NL Holdem, mostly SNGs. I started playing 4 months ago SSS on Mansion with my pokerstrategy 50$ bankroll. As we all know SSS gets boring quite fast and it didn't work out for me.

I then started experimenting with SNGs after reading the basic articles. I played my first ~1000 games on Mansion. Here is the result...

I know, I know - really swingy! I almost went broke too :evil:

I had some tech problems with Mansion so I changed to PokerStars, it is by far the best site for SNG players. You can automaticly tile the tables and there are a lot of players around.

So on Stars after almost going broke twice(came back with FPP points) I have had some success lately. Here is the graph so far...

I recently ordered Moshman's SNG book, I can highly recommend it to all the SNG players. It's true that PokerStrategy covers all the basic and not so basic points of playing a SNG but I feel that Moshman's SNG book has really helped me.

Special thanks to gemgem for showing me the importance of implied odds and agressive play, after I talked with her I found out that I had been really nitty.
      Another special thank you goes to chenny for being on the samplehand boards, really helpful. NickNick1985 is a great coach and his profit graph motivated me to play even harder :D . Hmm am I forgetting someone.
      The Nose for his strange noise when he is comforted with a hard decision, it always made me laugh during the coachings, yep they are helpful aswell.

My monthly goals:
      *Reach Platinum on Stars
      *Keep playing 16s & 27s with a positive ROI%, I hope :)

My goals:
      *Keep building my bankroll and play higher limits.
      *Keep bugging PokerStrategy to retrack my PokerStars account
  • 8 replies
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Nice read, keep us informed and good luck with your goals
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Hey I think I saw you on fulltilt yesterday playin a 90 man KO trny, but u didn't respond when I asked if you're on ps. Good luck with your goals anyway. :)
    • luxdelux
      luxdelux
      Bronze
      nop wasnt me, im only playing at pokerstars

4000 points to PlatinumStar :D
    • luxdelux
      luxdelux
      Bronze
      Decided to play Sunday Million today, I know a bit out of br but I won a ticket from a sat so no worries.
      I didn't reach to the money, but I got some good laughs... it's a 200$+ buyin tourny but you could still mark it as a donkfest :D first blind level AQ calls allin with no A or Q on the board... TT calls allin pf after big action and finds AA...and so on...

2,8k to platinum

over & out
    • luxdelux
      luxdelux
      Bronze
      note to self, don't play cash-games
    • luxdelux
      luxdelux
      Bronze
      played a 20$ MTT yesterday was top 10 when there was 40 left, but got a big hit after losing to TT with my AA he just had to get the flush :D
      So I was sent to the railes soon after that...
      But after that I joined the 36$ 180-man sng - 3rd place finish good for $706, also got unlucky on the last flip, I was ahead with my Ax but he got a str8 with KJ, that's poker.
      At least I'm almost even after tilting some of my roll away playing out of bankroll, I got to stop doing that! :evil:
    • luxdelux
      luxdelux
      Bronze
      made a bigger cashout and bought myself a new computer and a monitor :)
      I'm having a little brake from poker, after the brake I'm planing to start with 16s and 27s again because I lost track of bankroll management when I had more cash on my account. I hope the cashout and the new computer will help me in getting my concentration back.
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      You really should stick to BRM otherwise u will get in trouble sooner or later, you need at least 25 buyins for cashgames, 50 buyins for SnG's and 100 buyins for MTT. ;)

Good luck!