This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

delux sng blog

• luxdelux
      luxdelux
      Bronze
      Hello from Estonia!

My name is Oskar and I play NL Holdem, mostly SNGs. I started playing 4 months ago SSS on Mansion with my pokerstrategy 50$ bankroll. As we all know SSS gets boring quite fast and it didn't work out for me.

I then started experimenting with SNGs after reading the basic articles. I played my first ~1000 games on Mansion. Here is the result...

I know, I know - really swingy! I almost went broke too :evil:

I had some tech problems with Mansion so I changed to PokerStars, it is by far the best site for SNG players. You can automaticly tile the tables and there are a lot of players around.

So on Stars after almost going broke twice(came back with FPP points) I have had some success lately. Here is the graph so far...

I recently ordered Moshman's SNG book, I can highly recommend it to all the SNG players. It's true that PokerStrategy covers all the basic and not so basic points of playing a SNG but I feel that Moshman's SNG book has really helped me.

Special thanks to gemgem for showing me the importance of implied odds and agressive play, after I talked with her I found out that I had been really nitty.
      Another special thank you goes to chenny for being on the samplehand boards, really helpful. NickNick1985 is a great coach and his profit graph motivated me to play even harder :D . Hmm am I forgetting someone.
      The Nose for his strange noise when he is comforted with a hard decision, it always made me laugh during the coachings, yep they are helpful aswell.

My monthly goals:
      *Reach Platinum on Stars
      *Keep playing 16s & 27s with a positive ROI%, I hope :)

My goals:
      *Keep building my bankroll and play higher limits.
      *Keep bugging PokerStrategy to retrack my PokerStars account
  • 8 replies
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Nice read, keep us informed and good luck with your goals
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Hey I think I saw you on fulltilt yesterday playin a 90 man KO trny, but u didn't respond when I asked if you're on ps. Good luck with your goals anyway. :)
    • luxdelux
      luxdelux
      Bronze
      nop wasnt me, im only playing at pokerstars

4000 points to PlatinumStar :D
    • luxdelux
      luxdelux
      Bronze
      Decided to play Sunday Million today, I know a bit out of br but I won a ticket from a sat so no worries.
      I didn't reach to the money, but I got some good laughs... it's a 200$+ buyin tourny but you could still mark it as a donkfest :D first blind level AQ calls allin with no A or Q on the board... TT calls allin pf after big action and finds AA...and so on...

2,8k to platinum

over & out
    • luxdelux
      luxdelux
      Bronze
      note to self, don't play cash-games
    • luxdelux
      luxdelux
      Bronze
      played a 20$ MTT yesterday was top 10 when there was 40 left, but got a big hit after losing to TT with my AA he just had to get the flush :D
      So I was sent to the railes soon after that...
      But after that I joined the 36$ 180-man sng - 3rd place finish good for $706, also got unlucky on the last flip, I was ahead with my Ax but he got a str8 with KJ, that's poker.
      At least I'm almost even after tilting some of my roll away playing out of bankroll, I got to stop doing that! :evil:
    • luxdelux
      luxdelux
      Bronze
      made a bigger cashout and bought myself a new computer and a monitor :)
      I'm having a little brake from poker, after the brake I'm planing to start with 16s and 27s again because I lost track of bankroll management when I had more cash on my account. I hope the cashout and the new computer will help me in getting my concentration back.
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      You really should stick to BRM otherwise u will get in trouble sooner or later, you need at least 25 buyins for cashgames, 50 buyins for SnG's and 100 buyins for MTT. ;)

Good luck!