[NL2-NL10] NL5 zoom 6max, raising with TP and draw to nuts on flop

• Hopey
      Hopey
      Bronze
      Should I have just flat called here to avoid a marginal situation if he reraises me? Or is building the pot with the intention of going all in the correct line?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $22.47
      BB:
      $4.35
      (Hero):
      $7.85

Preflop: Hero is with K, J.
      raises to $0.15, folds, Hero calls $0.15, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.37) Q, T, K (2 players)
      bets $0.21, Hero raises to $0.75, folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.58.
  • 2 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      when the money actually goes in you'll be like 30/70 at best.
      kinda reminds me of this hand except for that you are not the pfa

i think you should just take your good odds and call, also if he's cbetting some random low pp you are ahead anyway and he will probably shut down on turn often
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think it should be fold pf. Player must open really a lot of hands that you should consider just calling KJ. You can sometimes 3-bet bluff and hope they fold out AJ or KQ, but just calling is likely too marginal even ip against UTG raise

I don´t see any reason raising on the flop. You likely have to call then 3-bet and fold if you don´t improve on the turn. There are no scare cards (even on J turn you can call once more) and best is let him either bluff or if he goes pot control with AQ, QJ, JT then you have very easy valuebet on the turn

Only reason to raise that board is to fold out AA/AK, but even these hands would likely call at least once.

best regards,