PartyPoints Question

• nuttinjeff
      nuttinjeff
      Bronze
      Hi,

Can someone explain me better the PartyPoints (PP) system.

You get x PP each 20 raked hands at the same stake, but:

1) If you play 19 raked hands and stop the session, you get the PP when you play one more hand, or do you lose these 19 hands played before?

2) By raked hands, this mean that if there no rake in that hand (all players and SB fold) this does not count?

Thanks.
  • 23 replies
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      1) No, you then gather 0.95 or smth points

2) Yes I think so. When you play 100 hands at NL5 and 100 at NL10 you should get more PP from NL10 because there everyhand (you play in) is a raked hand but at NL5 many times the pot doesn't exceed 20c mark so PartyPoker doesn't take rake from that pot.
    • mudkip
      mudkip
      Bronze
      Hi nuttinjeff,

1) I believe you'd earn a fraction of the point based on how many hands you played. In this case, you'd earn ((19/20)*100) = 95% of the points you would normally earn.

I may be wrong here, so any comments or corrections would be appreciated.

2) Yes.
    • nuttinjeff
      nuttinjeff
      Bronze
      Gotcha. Thanks for the help.
    • nuttinjeff
      nuttinjeff
      Bronze
      Another question:

When you clear the 300PP for the 50,00 bonus, you get more 90 days to the 100,00 bonus or not?
    • mudkip
      mudkip
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nuttinjeff
      Another question:

When you clear the 300PP for the 50,00 bonus, you get more 90 days to the 100,00 bonus or not?
      You get 120 days starting from when you clear the $50.
    • nuttinjeff
      nuttinjeff
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mudkip
      Originally posted by nuttinjeff
      Another question:

You get 120 days starting from when you clear the $50.
      Ok. Thanks again.
    • VaudChespeldt
      VaudChespeldt
      Bronze
      Might be a silly question but do I actually have to see the flop to get points? Because I played (read got not saw flops) 100 hands or so but got no points for it...

Thanks in advance
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Originally posted by VaudChespeldt
      Might be a silly question but do I actually have to see the flop to get points? Because I played (read got not saw flops) 100 hands or so but got no points for it...

Thanks in advance
      no, you can fold preflop... You get points as soon as rake is taken no matter who is paying it

and you cant see your points because of this new point system - you'll get them in 10% installments over next 10 weeks if you meet your weekly goal
    • VaudChespeldt
      VaudChespeldt
      Bronze
      and were do I set my weekly goal? so if I understand correct, I need to set my weekly goal, then collect points and hope to get enough points for my own set goal to actually get them?

And if I'm right I'm not the only one that finds that a itsy bitsy weird? Well ok, let me know:) Thanks again!
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Hi!

Everything is explained here.
      I hope it's clear, if not feel free to ask again:)

Bye Bye!
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      And if I'm right I'm not the only one that finds that a itsy bitsy weird? Well ok, let me know:) Thanks again!
      you're right.. it sucks, but what can we do? :evil:
    • VaudChespeldt
      VaudChespeldt
      Bronze
      It's seems like they're trying to make it as hard as possible to understand. The text on that link was pretty clear but there must be a simpler way:) But you're right what can we do.....at least I get it now:) Thanks guys!
    • mudkip
      mudkip
      Bronze
      You can see the number of points you need (fractions included, always up to date) to clear your current bonus on the bonus page of the PartyPoker client. Keep in mind that you don't get your points credited to your account until you leave the table though.
    • VaudChespeldt
      VaudChespeldt
      Bronze
      To me that bar states that I do not have a weekly goal... does that have to do with me only playing 2 days and need to finish up the first week? And another question does it matter whether you play on 10people or 6people tables and whether you switch from one to another table during your 20 hands?

Thanks for hearing me out:)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      To me that bar states that I do not have a weekly goal... does that have to do with me only playing 2 days and need to finish up the first week?
      yes, you're right.. your weekly goal is calculated as average of your last 10 weeks so you must have at least 1 finished

And another question does it matter whether you play on 10people or 6people tables and whether you switch from one to another table during your 20 hands?
      no, as long as you stay on the same limit.. (there's same amount of points for FR and for SH tables)
      and btw: you dont have to play 20 hands to get points ;)
      example: you're playing $1/$2 FL so you should get 3,5 points/20 raked hands. That doesnt mean you must play at least 20 to get something = if you play just one hand, you'll get 3,5/20 points = 0,175 points

Thanks for hearing me out:)
      you're welcome :D
      just ask!
    • welcom2dafridge
      welcom2dafridge
      Bronze
      hey everyone...

With the 300 points you need to earn...

is that the raw PartyPoints? which u can see at the top of your point statement....

or is it the "Reward points"?

im assuming its just the party points, as you say "No Multiplier"

played my first session today, im up $18 and i have 28 points, so i think im easily on track to clear this bonus

if anyone could just give me info that would be great help :)

thanks
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Hello welcom2dafridge!

You guessed it :D You need 300 "raw" party points :D

Good luck!
    • seb007
      seb007
      Bronze
      Can someone tell me if there is actually a difference between partypoints and reward points ?

to clear the 50$ starting capital, I need 300 Basic PP... I actually have 288 reward points and my currient tier is "queen lvl1"... so it says my loyalty multiplier is 2.

so do I have 288 or 144 party/reward points ? I'd like to transfer to FTP as soon as possible to have a rakeback, so do I only need to collect 12 more points ?

thanks
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      No not 12PP. If you have a 2 multiplayer it depends when you got it... If you go and check out your account at Party and click on your points you will see a equation

Party Points X Multiplayer = Reward points