You should warn players about this room

• vbmiletic
      vbmiletic
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I surprised that you still have their link as good poker room.

I have opened account there, played for few days, lost 85% of my bankroll playing limits that are ok from point of bankroll management (and I am not all that bad, paid in money that I have earned from poker on different site), but it is poker and it is ok. Lets say I had horrible downswing.

But then they blocked my account for verification. It has been over a day now no response but automated e-mail. I have send them all required documents. Played just few places before them and they completed verification withing hours. My husband played too on different sites and told that it is completed in most cases within one day at most.

Interesting enough that security check happens just after I decided to stop playing cash (too much bad beats for couple of days against players that are on PTR down for 5k $ or more) and turn to SNG where I started to win some money. I know how sounds and that many will say "sure, that must be it for 2$ tournaments" but check some other posts about them here and on other forums. Another funny thing is that I have received e-mail for their fun box, or something, telling me to deposit 490$ or more to get it (classic scam, before I deposited it was 20$, lol). Btw, I deposited 400$ to start with which was my entire bankroll. Should know better when operator started to offer me stuff when I deposited... :(

Then I read here and on some other forums what kind of problems players have with Cassava Enterprises and I just don't understand why don't you put that in review for poker888 ?! Poker and bingo players are banned without any reason (business policy which can not be seen anywhere) and in most cases they are winning players.

From what I have read I don't think I will be able to log in there for some time but we'll see.

Bottom line is question for PokerStrategy:

Why don't you warn people about problems with poker888? At least you could tell about problem with their support and that it is most likely that they won't be able to use their accounts for days and that all they get from support is automated messages.

My advice to players - DO NOT PUT YOUR MONEY THERE.

All the best,
      vbmiletic
  • 24 replies
    • GraemeDR
      GraemeDR
      Bronze
      I play at 888poker, I enjoy playing at 888poker and I have not experienced anything negative about them at all. Great site, very easy to cash in and out, no problems with service, ID verified instantly and without fuss.
    • RedStarUltras
      RedStarUltras
      Bronze
      HI,
      I must say that i completely agree with you.This poker room is horrible.Players should avoid them.
      By the way,where are you from.Maybe from some ex YU republic.
    • GraemeDR
      GraemeDR
      Bronze
      If you managed to lose 85% of $400 in "a few days" I'd love to hear what you think good bank roll management is.
    • vbmiletic
      vbmiletic
      Bronze
      @redstar: yes i am, serbia

@graeme: 15 buy in at least, less conservative then PS sugests but been enough for me until now.

But that wasn‘t point of my post. Ok, I‘m bad player... Worst if you like.

Question is why I haven‘ t received response from them?
      Why do they block user accounts for days?
      Why do they ban people as they like and say it is their business policy and where can we read it?
      Why did they alow me to deposit just to block my account few days later?
      People complain to have lost tournament buy in due to block account (not my case)!

Read a bit about them. I will post as soon as I get some answer from them.

Hope you won‘t have any problems with them but I‘m afraid you will have some.
    • GraemeDR
      GraemeDR
      Bronze
      Well if you find out why any of those things have happened keep us updated as it's not something that I've experienced.
    • cubinis
      cubinis
      Bronze
      How can you see who is down 5k? PTR doesn't track 888 or I am wrong?
    • pappadjango
      pappadjango
      Bronze
      correct ptr does not track 888:)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pappadjango
      I thought it started to do so.. check again?
    • pappadjango
      pappadjango
      Bronze
      i dunno had a quick look it says i dont exist on the site:)
    • cubinis
      cubinis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Originally posted by pappadjango
      I thought it started to do so.. check again?
      Well i cant look up myself nor any other players. Can anyone?
    • vbmiletic
      vbmiletic
      Bronze
      omg, it was there yesterday! and last week i found players and 888 was behing player name!

i found myself there, now i'm not there...

lol, now i sound to me as total looney, but they had number of hands and looses and wins about correct...
    • T3rMiT3
      T3rMiT3
      Silver
      888 poker is down again... this is unbelievable... f...
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      PTR had started to track 888 but they are having issues with it. Basicaly every player is down around 5k according to their stats.

My page says im down 5k despite being up around 2.5K since joining last month.

It does show me as winning at PLO though which is cool seeing as I have never played it.

As for OPs other concerns. Unfortunately stuff like this happens from time to time at any site you play on. you just soometimes have grief with paperwork and ID verification, I never had you problems on 888 but have had them on William Hill but im sure 99% of PS players who use WH didnt. It just happens.

As for losing your money, I dont want to sound harsh but I probably will do. First off learn to understand variance and BRM as it seems you have little idea of these concepts. Secondly and more importantly I think you need to examine your own game as 888 is by far one of the most profitable sites to play on right now.

Remember these games are predominantly loose passive so there are adjustments that you need to make to your strategy as opposed to playing somewhere like Stars or Ipoker. Also remember that while loosepassive games will yield higher WRs over the longterm you should ecpect to see alot more showdowns and nasty rivers which will increase variance over the shorterm (Loose passive games are similiar to Limit Holdem in this respect).
    • SwordsDrawn
      SwordsDrawn
      Bronze
      I always enjoy reading these conspiracy theories. Yeah, the poker room is out to get you. That's what happens often to pattern seeking mammals.
    • rdmnick
      rdmnick
      Bronze
      I'll just copy one of my previous posts.

"It has been made clear that 888Poker is banning players that withdraws on a regular basis, meaning winning players.

We've recently seen the poker industry take a big turn, especially lead out by examples such as Essence of Ongame,ON 2 or Ipoker2 all in order to decrease the negative cash flow from regulars these days in order to create a more healthy eco for the recreational players. Because doing so, will increase the value of these players as they will generate a lot more rake than previously since they will be less likely to lose their money to a regular who will hypothetically soon after, cash it all out.

With that said, 888's goals are no different than the ones of any other network or skin these days, they're all just trying to turn a better profit for themselves. However the difference is that what 888poker is doing isn't just manipulating its product in order to achieve their goal by say changing their rake model, or VIP program in order to seem less enticing for winning regulars, no what they're doing is practically a real thug move. They're purposely getting rid of all those players who are actually solid winners by kicking them out and shutting the doors.

Suddenly Poker became Blackjack? (oh no, they can beat the game, np we'll just ban them)

I think what they're doing is really shameful, just because they didn't like the terms of the poker industry they decided to create their own terms. I think this should be highlighted by the poker world, they have a tarnished reputation and now a damaged product since it is no different from being a rigged site if you look at the big picture.

They did this to themself, we should simply be the messengers if you ask me."
    • pieal
      pieal
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hackett77
      PTR had started to track 888 but they are having issues with it. Basicaly every player is down around 5k according to their stats.

My page says im down 5k despite being up around 2.5K since joining last month.

It does show me as winning at PLO though which is cool seeing as I have never played it.

... same with me :( :( and in hand replay it doesnt show turn and river...
    • vbmiletic
      vbmiletic
      Bronze
      yesterday they verified my account. it didn't took them long, just two days...

just to make this topic clear - i wasn't complaining about how and why i lost money, that was just written in the way. it was a bit out of the ordinary at least for what i know but ok. i complained about their support and the way they behave to their players.

how is that pokerstrategy managed to verify my account and give me money in less than 36 hours (not to mention answers that where in my inbox within few hours after i wrote) and i didn't give them a cent and some poker room which should be good and where i put my money needed two days just to answer me and verify my documents?

anyway, for now this is closed, hope i won't need to write about them again!

and it is good to know i'm not all that looney, PTR did have have 888 tracked, as some of you said, even they confirmed that to me (thought i've gone nuts so i wrote them). and they were also much faster with their answer than 888, lol

thanks for your comments and help! see you!
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      but gsp plays there :(
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rdmnick
      I'll just copy one of my previous posts.

"It has been made clear that 888Poker is banning players that withdraws on a regular basis, meaning winning players.

We've recently seen the poker industry take a big turn, especially lead out by examples such as Essence of Ongame,ON 2 or Ipoker2 all in order to decrease the negative cash flow from regulars these days in order to create a more healthy eco for the recreational players. Because doing so, will increase the value of these players as they will generate a lot more rake than previously since they will be less likely to lose their money to a regular who will hypothetically soon after, cash it all out.

With that said, 888's goals are no different than the ones of any other network or skin these days, they're all just trying to turn a better profit for themselves. However the difference is that what 888poker is doing isn't just manipulating its product in order to achieve their goal by say changing their rake model, or VIP program in order to seem less enticing for winning regulars, no what they're doing is practically a real thug move. They're purposely getting rid of all those players who are actually solid winners by kicking them out and shutting the doors.

Suddenly Poker became Blackjack? (oh no, they can beat the game, np we'll just ban them)

I think what they're doing is really shameful, just because they didn't like the terms of the poker industry they decided to create their own terms. I think this should be highlighted by the poker world, they have a tarnished reputation and now a damaged product since it is no different from being a rigged site if you look at the big picture.

They did this to themself, we should simply be the messengers if you ask me."
      Bugger me! I've been withdrawing regularly for a while now... how long do you think I've got? Are the poker cam tables watching me as I type this? Doesn't matter. Tin foil hat >>>> all.