This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH turning a small pair in to a bluff

• spadek
      spadek
      Bronze
      We´ve been playing pretty long time at the same table by this hand, stats of the opponent 30/20/18/50/0/105 Vpip/pfr/wtsd/steal BU/Fto3bIP/hands. I've been playing ~20/18 3betting like 12%, made like 3 resteals against his button. I had barreled him earlier as well and applied it here as well because it seemed like he were capable to fold even pretty good hands on the later streets. I were going to ship it on the river no matter what card hits and I think I gain enough foldequity.
      What do you think about this bluff? Basically as he didn´t raise the flop and if he didn´t raise the turn neither, I thought I could exclude the nut-like hands pretty comfortably and I do believe he will give up his bluff-catchers by the river.

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $25.00
      UTG: $25.00
      MP: $11.60
      CO: $34.78
      BTN: $65.75
      Hero (SB): $25.10

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with 2 :heart: 2 :diamond:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.50, 1 fold, BTN calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.25) 7 :club: J :diamond: 8 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.30, BTN calls $3.30

Turn: ($11.85) 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.88, BTN folds
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello spadek,

Seems to be fine, usually I'd go for a CB then I'd also consider 2nd barreling and neither the sizing ain't like very bad. I might make a bit bigger like $6,50.

Best Regards.
    • asimos
      asimos
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello spadek,

Seems to be fine, usually I'd go for a CB then I'd also consider 2nd barreling and neither the sizing ain't like very bad. I might make a bit bigger like $6,50.

Best Regards.
      Is this a good board to cbet in a 3bet pot?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by asimos
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello spadek,

Best Regards.
      Is this a good board to cbet in a 3bet pot?
      Not the greatest one but I would most likely still do it while the guy has pretty wide calling range.