FL SH Gold Monday

• Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      This Thread will be updated every week. New Reviews on the bottom.

June 30

Today i just played 2/4$ and 3/6$, every 5/10$ Table was full of TAGs. Surprisingly I don´t find good 5/10 tables most of the time, 1 day later i coached somebody on 5/10 and he was sitting next to a lot of bad players, maybe only Monday evening is not good.

The Session was slightly minus, i lost around 100$, but a pretty unspectacular session. I played Heads up against somebody who had fish stats, but he turned out to be a TAG after 20 minutes. I was wondering why he played that solid^

Generally i try to avoid HU on these Limits because its almost unbeatable beacuse of the rake, so i would only recommend to play if a big fishs there.

June 23

It was the first time with my new Co-Coach Firsttsunami and we had some problems with the synchonisation of our voices in the player. i hope we can fix that.

We had some discussions about the question how many equity is needed for a turnbet against 1 opponent, but came to the conclusion that a lot of aspects have to be considered and that one can´t find an easy answer.

The Session was pretty good, i won arond 75BB, but only on 2/4 and 3/6 because i had no stats and did not want to play higher for that reason.

Officialy my coaching downswing is over after this 2nd Session with winnings >20BB :)

May 12

The Coaching today started a little bit later because i had problems with my mic. Then we had a funny session, with a semi-maniac on the table and one guy that did not know the rules. He raised 3 Pairs on the river and stuff like that.

I played this Hand against a Tag. I thought he is either check/folding with a hand that has little Outs against me or trying to check/raise with an Ace or Better, thats why i play this "Value-Check Behind".

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (4 handed) Party Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:heart: , T:spade: .
      2 folds, SB raises, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 3:diamond: , A:spade: , T:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 9:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (5 BB) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 5 BB

Results in white below:
      SB has 9s 9h (three of a kind, nines).
      Hero has Qh Ts (one pair, tens).
      Outcome: SB wins 5 BB.

May 19th

The Coaching was very bad. I lost around 500 i think its more then i ever lost in a public coaching, around 70BB. I did not search hands because i tried to win my money back^, but there was 1 hand i remember:

I raised from the Bu with QT, BB (Tag) calls.

Flop A57

BB checks, Hero Bets, BB calls.

After this call i can put hin on a pretty exact range: a low pair or K high.

gutshots or oesds or the Ace would have c/r the flop, thus he must have a hand with little sd value that is not strong enough to c/r with.

thats why i checked the turn planing to give up the hand.

on the river he bets, i folded and he told me later in the chat that he had pocket 66. (i believe him because i kew him a little bit)

so my read was right, but i have to be carefull to not get exploitet by bluffcalls if i give up my hand that fast.

May 26

well its just ridiculous, i´m loosing > 400$ again, 5th coaching i a row with losses, > 200BB now.

positive about that session was that i turned a royal flush again a nutFH, with another K on the river i would have won 20.000$.

Party Poker
      Limit Holdem Ring game
      Limit: $2/$4
      6 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with Q:heart: J:heart:
      [color:#cc0000]Hero raises[/color], UTG+1 folds, [color:#cc0000]CO 3-bets[/color], Button calls, 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: A:heart: K:heart: K:diamond: (10.5SB, 3 players)
      Hero checks, [color:#cc0000]CO bets[/color], Button calls, [color:#cc0000]Hero raises[/color], [color:#cc0000]CO 3-bets[/color], [color:#cc0000]Button caps[/color], Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: T:heart: (11.25BB, 3 players)
      [color:#cc0000]Hero bets[/color], CO calls, Button calls.

River: 3:diamond: (14.25BB, 3 players)
      [color:#cc0000]Hero bets[/color], CO calls, [color:#cc0000]Button raises[/color], [color:#cc0000]Hero 3-bets[/color], CO calls, Button calls.

Results:
      Final pot: 23.25BB

this is what tiltes me. i dont care if somebody hits 2 outs when he played okay, but this 3bet on the flop tag vs tag is very very bad and then hitting a 4 outer. nh

Party Poker
      Limit Holdem Ring game
      Limit: $5/$10
      6 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with A:heart: K:spade:
      2 folds, [color:#cc0000]Hero raises[/color], [color:#cc0000]Button 3-bets[/color], 2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: 9:heart: Q:club: K:club: (7.4SB, 2 players)
      Hero checks, [color:#cc0000]Button bets[/color], [color:#cc0000]Hero raises[/color], [color:#cc0000]Button 3-bets[/color], [color:#cc0000]Hero caps[/color], Button calls.

Turn: T:heart: (7.7BB, 2 players)
      [color:#cc0000]Hero bets[/color], [color:#cc0000]Button raises[/color], Hero calls.

River: 4:spade: (11.7BB, 2 players)
      Hero checks, [color:#cc0000]Button bets[/color], Hero calls.

Results:
      Final pot: 13.7BB

BU shows AJ

---

Party Poker
      Limit Holdem Ring game
      6 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with 3:club: 2:club:
      2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: K:club: T:diamond: Q:club: (3SB, 3 players)
      [color:#cc0000]Hero bets[/color], [color:#cc0000]BB raises[/color], CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: K:diamond: (3.5BB, 2 players)
      Hero checks, [color:#cc0000]BB bets[/color], Hero calls.

River: A:heart: (5.5BB, 2 players)
      [color:#cc0000]Hero bets[/color], BB folds.
      Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to Hero.

Results:
      Final pot: 5.5BB

June 18

I was in Vegas, so several coaching couldnt take place or atuerke did it. This one was today because the Mondays Coaching was moved because of the soccer game.

This Coaching i was loosing again. I can´t actually remeber making + in this Mondays Gold Coaching. It was a pretty normal session, winning 250 or loosing is just about 2 or 3 key hands:

JJ vs QQ lowcard board
      Flush vs. higher Flush on the River..

The tables were pretty bad, not to many big fish, especially on 5/10 more table selection is necessary. i should probably pay more attention to that.

few words to Vegas: It was great and a lot of fun. The City is just sick and there are so many games running 24/7.
      Poker was pretty bad unfortunately, i busted out pretty early at Event #12 of the WSOP, beeing totally carddead. Nothing you can do about it..
      Cashgame i played in the Bellagio most of the time, but i was running pretty bad at 15/30$ LHE, although the tables are full of bad players.

But so what, just like Schnibl0r said: Wayne Money, Skill is everything :)

From now on the updates will be at the top of the thread.
  • 45 replies
    • DarthBobo
      DarthBobo
      Bronze
      Isn't it very strange for a TAG to give up his initiative when he has a strong hand? In this situation I automatically bet to punish the weakness he shows... especially against a TAG.

Is that a bad move from me?

Wow this hand really makes me thinking... Very interesting.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      bet check/raise is a line which is used quite a lot it seems, I also have problems implementing it because I don't know when the time is right for it. Here I guess it's not a good thing to do since you have a monster and want to 3-bet if you get raised?
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Silver
      bet c/r is pretty bad in this spot IMO.

cornholio raises his aces on the flop, and the turn is not scary enough of a card for him to bluff at. there's also a flushdraw out there, so continuation betting the turn gets value from that too, and keeps the draw from getting a free card.

so a bet, check/raise line really only gets value against total air.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Call flop raise turn is the standard line for strong hands Chenny, so SB could well think that he has a strong hand. But ye I agree that he has to bet turn.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Silver
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      Call flop raise turn is the standard line for strong hands Chenny, so SB could well think that he has a strong hand. But ye I agree that he has to bet turn.
      if that's the standard line it should still be bet/bet ;) .
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      if i were him i would bet the turn, hoping to get raised (for Value or as a bluff) to 3Bet.

His play would be better if i´m floating a lot. Generally this spot is ok to c/r with initiative because somtimes you would check/fold here because its SB vs. BB-> balancing.
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      -
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Cool thread. Keep it up. :)
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      update May 26
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Can you explain your last hand please? Looks interesting. :)
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      BB was a Tag and he could raise a Flushdraw, a Ten, a Queen or a K on the Flop. sometimes a J.
      I represent a Draw with donk/call, c/c, on the river 1 strong draw gets there and it will be hard for him to call with a single pair, so my Bet will be very +ev.
      i would play a J the same way.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Nice play. Thx for explaining. :)
    • atuerke
      atuerke
      Bronze
      On the 9th I was your Coach for Mondays Cornholio coaching.
      I played 4 tables of 2/4 on Full Tilt Poker and was facing huge maniacs again. Full Tilt seems to be full of them.
      I tried to show you how to adjust your game against all that (stupid) aggression.
      It is not that easy, because you can never really find a fold, still you need to bet for protection in most cases! So you really need to call down alot more than usual.
      Against a very aggressive thinking player you can still find good folds in situations, you don't ever see him bluffing (e.g. your hand obviously has showdownvalue like after checking behind the turn on a dry board). But against maniacs you'll just have to call every single time :)

So variance is high, but longterm profit is even higher :)
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      update June 16
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      update June 23
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      July 7

This Coaching i was running pretty good, hitting a lot of strong hands. unfortunatly my winning were not high because i was loosing on the only 5/10 table i played.

It was the 2nd time i hit a Royal Flush in a Coaching, pretty sick. again on a Jackpot table and my opponent had a Set. Last time i was away only 1 Out from winning the Jackpot, this time the Board was not Paired.

Here is the Hand:

Party Poker
      Limit Holdem Ring game
      Limit: $3/$6
      6 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with J K
      UTG calls, UTG+1 raises, Hero 3-bets, 3 folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 caps, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: Q 8 5 (13.33SB, 3 players)
      UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: T (6.67BB, 3 players)
      UTG bets, UTG+1 raises, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: A (12.67BB, 3 players)
      UTG bets, UTG+1 raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Results:
      Final pot: 19.67BB

I would have called the Flop anyway because of the potsize but he was nice enough to make a slowplay and give me a Freecard. on the Turn QQ was obvious and i only called to not kick the 3rd guy out. I dont know what he could have had, maybe twopair with the A.

We talked about slowplay in the coaching, that especially OOP you should generally play fast forward, beacuse this way you dont risk freecards and keep control of the hand. also you show less strength and have better chance to win big.
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      July 14

Today Coaching wasnt very good. I lost >50BB and was just running bad.
      There were not too many questions, but a few interesting hands, one of them was this:

Party Poker
      Limit Holdem Ring game
      5 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with T 8
      2 folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: A A 8 (3SB, 3 players)
      Hero bets, BB raises, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: T (4.5BB, 3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: 5 (7.5BB, 3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets, Button calls, Hero calls.

Results:
      Final pot: 10.5BB

Its a pretty ugly spot. i still think its played fine. BB was unknown, 1st hand at the table. the coldcaller was a passiv fish, he could have a A, a 8 or worse or a flushdraw. i decided to call the flop with the chance to be ahead and outs on the T and the backdoorflush.

Firsttsunami would have folded the Flop. Maybe hes right.
      Anyone comments on that hand?
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Fold preflop?

After you hit your T I don't think you can fold anymore.
    • Cornholio
      Cornholio
      Bronze
      i think fold would be fine as well, but i usually complete these type of hands when the big blind is not too aggressive.