MSS or SSS at nl2?

• Gnillperker
      Gnillperker
      Bronze
      Hey!

I got my 50, and I lost some so I moved to NL2, however NL2 isn't listed on the SSS bankroll management chart, so I started learning MSS. Is SSS the way to start or should I continue playing MSS until I get 50$?

Also:

When thinking implied odds - does my position get better at a table if people fold at a table? Say I'm at the mp3 position. If i'm 80% sure CU will fold, can I play as if I'm CU when using the chart? Weird question but what if he usually folds preflop to a raise for example?
  • 5 replies
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Platinum
      Hey there,

NL2 isn't listed on the SSS bankroll management chart
      True, but it doesn't mean you cannot play it there or it's not profitable. SSS is a good way to start but choose what you like more.

When thinking implied odds - does my position get better at a table if people fold at a table? Say I'm at the mp3 position. If i'm 80% sure CU will fold, can I play as if I'm CU when using the chart? Weird question but what if he usually folds preflop to a raise for example?
      I think you missunderstood what implieds odds actually are

"Implied odds or implied pot odds are modified pot odds used when playing a draw. They account for the fact that more money can be extracted from the opposition if the draw hits. They include the bets that the opposition will make, not just what is already in the pot."
      source

But to answer you, if CO is very tight, you might openraise looser as you expect to fold him very often.
    • Gnillperker
      Gnillperker
      Bronze
      Ok thanks dude! :D
    • Gnillperker
      Gnillperker
      Bronze
      So: Minimum buy in at nl2 at Partypoker is 0,6.

Is that too much for SSS? I recon it's supposed to be around 0,4. ?
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Platinum
      Yes, $0.6 is too much. You cannot play SSS at Party Poker, so I guess you have to switch to MSS.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      MSS ftw :D helped me out lots when i was learning